88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

It's hard to beat a good road trip. My bucket list includes an extended road trip out west by way of the northern route and then coming back via the southern route. I figure I'll need 3 weeks minimum and have zero takers interested in spending that much seat time with me in the Spider. That's not really an issue though, as sometimes the best road trips are solo.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN

It's hard to beat a good road trip. My bucket list includes an extended road trip out west by way of the northern route and then coming back via the southern route. I figure I'll need 3 weeks minimum and have zero takers interested in spending that much seat time with me in the Spider. That's not really an issue though, as sometimes the best road trips are solo.
    I'm there! You can still be solo though, I'll be tailing along in an old junk Pontiac.:cool:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Have you ever read 'Zen and the art of Motorcycle Maintenance'? That's the sort of road trip I would love to do. All 2 lane roads if possible.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'm there! You can still be solo though, I'll be tailing along in an old junk Pontiac.:cool:

That would be cool. Between the two of us, we could pack enough tools to get through almost any situation. The only issue I'd see is that it would most likely have to be a 1911 trip due to mag limits out west. Then again, if the gun came into play, mag limit issues would be the least of my worries in CA.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Yes they are. I did a solo roll out when I was young and stupid. Not much has actually changed save for the young part.
    Went south to Key West and stayed with my Gramma for a bit.
    Rolled up and across the gulf through to Phoenix Arizona and stayed with a friend for a bit.
    Then down the PaloAlto penn. as far as seemed cool.
    Then north to LA. There is a lot of places to get into trouble in LA.
    Then rolled due east across the Rocky's to home.

Did all of that on a 1950 Hard tail pan head Harley. Think easy rider capt. america with out the pretty paint and all the chrome. Foot clutch suicide shifted.
    A lot of story's from that journey.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    That would be cool. Between the two of us, we could pack enough tools to get through almost any situation. The only issue I'd see is that it would most likely have to be a 1911 trip due to mag limits out west. Then again, if the gun came into play, mag limit issues would be the least of my worries in CA.
    I wouldn't consider it a trip out west unless I was packing a single action wheel gun, lever rifle and double barrel. :D

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Have you ever read 'Zen and the art of Motorcycle Maintenance'? That's the sort of road trip I would love to do. All 2 lane roads if possible.
    Haven't read it, but when my dad and I drove the old Pontiac out to Wichita in 2014 we drove Old US 24 as far as we could. Was really cool driving through all the old towns.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Yes they are. I did a solo roll out when I was young and stupid. Not much has actually changed save for the young part.
    Went south to Key West and stayed with my Gramma for a bit.
    Rolled up and across the gulf through to Phoenix Arizona and stayed with a friend for a bit.
    Then down the PaloAlto penn. as far as seemed cool.
    Then north to LA. There is a lot of places to get into trouble in LA.
    Then rolled due east across the Rocky's to home.

Did all of that on a 1950 Hard tail pan head Harley. Think easy rider capt. america with out the pretty paint and all the chrome. Foot clutch suicide shifted.
    A lot of story's from that journey.

Now, that's a road trip. I need to wait until I retire so I can spend the time needed to enjoy the trip. That puts the road trip off about 10 years for me.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Now, that's a road trip. I need to wait until I retire so I can spend the time needed to enjoy the trip. That puts the road trip off about 10 years for me.

Well, if you wait that long making the journey on a 50 pan head hard tail is pretty much out of the question.

I wish I still had all my old pics. An angry 1st "X" took care of that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom