• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    That's where I am right now. Everything I have now is a keeper.

Indeed, kind of a good place to be in a way, that everything you have checks enough boxes to be a keeper.

I do have one that I could potentially part with, my MC, but only if Smith comes out with a NM 66 Combat with a 3" barrel. Since that gun will likely never be made, the MC has a secure spot in the safe.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    When I was in Gander the other day (picking up an ammo locking cabinet and letting the wife shop....:faint) I actually "Bought" some 9mm for the P-07 and the compact. My God in heaven that hurt...........:)

I was in Walmart yesterday and saw Winchester 100rd box's of .45acp missmarked (actually was in the wrong spot on the shelf) for $26 a box ($13 per 50). I did not know if I should try to be greedy and grab as much as I could or if the salesperson would notice it when they opened the cabinet. So I opted for 2 box's. He caught it but said he would sell it to me at that price. Pays not to be greedy. Good guy, he was smarter than whoever stocked the ammo.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Well, the one gun I have that is on the chopping block is the G19. Nothing against the gun, but I'm moving away from striker fired poly guns and into, well, CZ's. I'm waiting for my GF's boss to contact me, as he expressed interest in it. If I don't hear anything soon, I'm putting it in the classifieds. It's the rest of my collection that is going to remain static, at least for now. I only have 9 hand guns plus one AR-15, so it's not like I'm talking about a huge collection :)

When I traded my G34 for a 75 BD I had a twinge in the pit of my stomach. After shooting the 75 I was all better. I am down to two G19's, one G29 and one G22. The Glock's have taken enough hits. If I give anything else up it will not be a Glock.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I was in Walmart yesterday and saw Winchester 100rd box's of .45acp missmarked (actually was in the wrong spot on the shelf) for $26 a box ($13 per 50). I did not know if I should try to be greedy and grab as much as I could or if the salesperson would notice it when they opened the cabinet. So I opted for 2 box's. He caught it but said he would sell it to me at that price. Pays not to be greedy. Good guy, he was smarter than whoever stocked the ammo.

I bought 400 rds of 9mm for $16.88 due to a mis-mark. They were battle packs that were supposed to be broken down before being put on the shelf. The guy (a department lead) insisted I pay the listed price even though I protested. He said it would be used as a training tool for those responsible for stocking it.

I did only buy one of the 3 on the shelf.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

I bought 400 rds of 9mm for $16.88 due to a mis-mark. They were battle packs that were supposed to be broken down before being put on the shelf. The guy (a department lead) insisted I pay the listed price even though I protested. He said it would be used as a training tool for those responsible for stocking it.

I did only buy one of the 3 on the shelf.

That's great news that they gave you marked prices instead of the correct prices. I had the opposite occur. I bought what I thought was a 100 pack of Federal 9mm only to find out when I got home that it was .40 that was sitting in the wrong spot and I paid the full .40 price for it. I'd have caught it if I hadn't rang out a bunch of other stuff at the time. It was more than I liked to spend on it, but I needed .40 anyway so it wasn't too big of a deal.

When I traded my G34 for a 75 BD I had a twinge in the pit of my stomach. After shooting the 75 I was all better. I am down to two G19's, one G29 and one G22. The Glock's have taken enough hits. If I give anything else up it will not be a Glock.

The GF has a G19 and I have my Shield 9mm, those are the only two striker fired polys that are staying in my collection. I'd sell the other G19 too, but my GF likes it...lol!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    For those of us with 1911's (or 97B's), TargetSportsUSA has Geco .45 on sale for $16.49/box of 50 rounds or $329.80 for a case. If ordering by the case, the shipping is free, though there is a shipping insurance fee added in ($3.19 on my last order). I don't remember adding shipping insurance, so you may not be able to opt out of it. Still, $332.99 is a good price for .45 ammo and I think this ammo is good stuff.

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/gec...mail&utm_term=0_4f4aeab969-f014a637d9-1457601

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    For those of us with 1911's (or 97B's), TargetSportsUSA has Geco .45 on sale for $16.49/box of 50 rounds or $329.80 for a case. If ordering by the case, the shipping is free, though there is a shipping insurance fee added in ($3.19 on my last order). I don't remember adding shipping insurance, so you may not be able to opt out of it. Still, $332.99 is a good price for .45 ammo and I think this ammo is good stuff.

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/gec...mail&utm_term=0_4f4aeab969-f014a637d9-1457601

I bought a case of Geco 9mm 124 grain a week ago after you alerted us to it. Just got here yesterday and have not had a chance to shoot it yet. But research on the internet shows it to be good stuff. I did find one post where a guy said he got steel from Geco. He checked it by using a magnet. Internet rumors? The case I got was fine. I think you may have given me some Geco from one of our range outings before but I have not shot that box either.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I bought a case of Geco 9mm 124 grain a week ago after you alerted us to it. Just got here yesterday and have not had a chance to shoot it yet. But research on the internet shows it to be good stuff. I did find one post where a guy said he got steel from Geco. He checked it by using a magnet. Internet rumors? The case I got was fine. I think you may have given me some Geco from one of our range outings before but I have not shot that box either.

Yep, I must have ordered the same day as you, since my 9mm shipment arrived yesterday as well :D

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Fiddled with the mag break a bit tonight and my mags seem to drop free now. I still plan to order a drop-free break, but it'll have to wait until I order my other parts. Can see paying $10 shipping for a $10 part that would fit in a standard envelope.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I got to spend some quality time with my pre-B this morning. Damn, that gun can shoot. It only has a very few CGW goodies, but still retains the stock hammer and sear. Yet, despite that, I think I shot better this morning than I ever have before. I put 47 out of 50 on the steel at MCFG at about 10 yards while practicing fast transitions and quick follow ups. I started shooting at about 8:01 and was back in my truck headed home by 8:12, yet had one of the best range trips I've had in a long time. I was shooting a mid-level reload and need to go back and do that again with a more stout load that mimics carry ammo better. If I do as well with that, I might just have to rethink my carry setup. That gun really shot well today and for me, that's not too common.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I got to spend some quality time with my pre-B this morning. Damn, that gun can shoot. It only has a very few CGW goodies, but still retains the stock hammer and sear. Yet, despite that, I think I shot better this morning than I ever have before. I put 47 out of 50 on the steel at MCFG at about 10 yards while practicing fast transitions and quick follow ups. I started shooting at about 8:01 and was back in my truck headed home by 8:12, yet had one of the best range trips I've had in a long time. I was shooting a mid-level reload and need to go back and do that again with a more stout load that mimics carry ammo better. If I do as well with that, I might just have to rethink my carry setup. That gun really shot well today and for me, that's not too common.

Sounds like you really enjoyed shooting it! If it makes you re-evaluate, it had to be a good time. I was very impressed shooting my 75B at MCF&G as well. When shooting at a regular range at paper, it didn't really impress me, but shooting fairly rapid at steel and that baby shines!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I have been very lucky to have had BA and Llh as range buddys. There have been some sweet pieces available for me to shoot. They are all for the most part game changers. Enough to get me out of my 1911 shell and drink the :koolaid:

That said I am really moved by my 97. It is my caliber of choice and a full size gun that has striking lines. Very Handsome. Also very deadly.

As to the 9mm's........They are working me in progress. I hope that came out right. It is seriously hard for me to embrace that cartridge. It is good fun in others guns I just cringe when I have to buy it.....:faint:

Still carry a 1911

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom