• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrmarky

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Brazil Indiana
    Went crappie fishin today on a private pond in Clay county today and caught 52 fish 16 what I call keepers (10 t0 17 in.) had a blast. They were in 3 to 8ft deep in the downed trees and a few @ the dropoffs in 6 to 10 ft. caught them on 1/16th oz lead head jigs with a 1-1/2 in tube in black body and orange tail with a Berkly crappie nibble on the hook. the nibbles make a LOT of diff. the secret is to pour them out onto an old plate and let them dry out a little(till they're kinda tough) then store them back in the org. bottle they are kinda tough to get onto the hook but they will last 5 times longer. try it it works,,, Good luck,, n take a kid :twocents:

Angie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Owen county
    Cant wait to go Crappie fishing.I will have to try the nibbles.What color of nibbles were you using?
    Last fall hubby and I went out crappie fishing in a friends jon boat.He decided to stand up and turn around and got his boot stuck under seat.Boat flips over we both go under ..no life vests..I cant swim.Anchor rope was wrapped around my foot. Considering all that I remained very calm.He was actually freaking outway more than I was.and he was on the swim team for years. Learned a lesson.Use life vest and next time he says he doesnt want to go fishing I will listen to him.:laugh:

dcary7

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    East Coast
    Cant wait to go Crappie fishing.I will have to try the nibbles.What color of nibbles were you using?
    Last fall hubby and I went out crappie fishing in a friends jon boat.He decided to stand up and turn around and got his boot stuck under seat.Boat flips over we both go under ..no life vests..I cant swim.Anchor rope was wrapped around my foot. Considering all that I remained very calm.He was actually freaking outway more than I was.and he was on the swim team for years. Learned a lesson.Use life vest and next time he says he doesnt want to go fishing I will listen to him.:laugh:

Wow... sounds like things coulda been a lot worse than they ended up! Glad it turned out to be a humorous memory. Life jackets are always good to have! Last year.. no one that drowned was wearing a life jacket ;)

-dcary7

redfireman1969

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    indpls
    caught a bounch of crappie saturday 10-15 foot deep on minnows, no slabbers just barely big enough to clean, eggs are really small so we have plenty of time before they spawn ,caught almost 100

Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Where in the heck are all the video cam kooks when u need them, after u all were safe that would be hilarious to see!:):

Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Went crappie fishin today on a private pond in Clay county today and caught 52 fish 16 what I call keepers (10 t0 17 in.) had a blast. They were in 3 to 8ft deep in the downed trees and a few @ the dropoffs in 6 to 10 ft. caught them on 1/16th oz lead head jigs with a 1-1/2 in tube in black body and orange tail with a Berkly crappie nibble on the hook. the nibbles make a LOT of diff. the secret is to pour them out onto an old plate and let them dry out a little(till they're kinda tough) then store them back in the org. bottle they are kinda tough to get onto the hook but they will last 5 times longer. try it it works,,, Good luck,, n take a kid :twocents:
    can me fish that pond??? puleeezzz, purty pleeeeezz????

Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    I went out to Cataract friday to try for crappies but we got skunked!!

It was really more of a "test the new prop" day for my buddy, but we were fishing some too. Hopefully better luck next time

mrmarky

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Brazil Indiana
    I use the silver sparkle ones if I can find them (prefered) but the white ones work also. Never had much luck with the orange or chartruse ones. ps: Thank GOD your ok, that coulda got ugly fast.

Greg.B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Evansville
    We went out to the lake yesterday afternoon; got skunked on crappie, but caught a few small bass on the rapalas. Great time! :) We might try again later in the week, sure am looking forward to catching some papermouths!!
    03_20_2001_0001.jpg

Last edited:

sig shooter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Spencer, Indian
    I went to Sullivan lake on wednesday had a blast with the crappie. We ended up catching 50. Fishing in 4 ft of water 1 1/2 ft down fishing with bubble gum colored jigs tipped with minnows.

Angie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Owen county
    I use the silver sparkle ones if I can find them (prefered) but the white ones work also. Never had much luck with the orange or chartruse ones. ps: Thank GOD your ok, that coulda got ugly fast.

Thanks...It wasnt funny at all when it happened but now I kinda kid him about it. It could have went wrong in so many ways. I mean the anchor rope was tied around my foot..what are the chances?

waloidian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Bloomingtonian
    monroe's little ones are biting as well, but please toss back the small ones. it's just a personal thing, but I like to let them at least spawn. monroe's numbers seem to have dropped and its getting more rare to land the big ol slabs. even worse for bluegill populations.

Top Bottom