The black helicopter crowd is really upset.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cldedhnds

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Hendricks
    I think once a week I am going to go into a gun shop, pick out something to buy, have a background check run, then not buy anything. Maybe 30 -40 times a year. Be interesting to see if I show up on a list anywhere since no records are kept......

Bert

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Shelbyville
    if no records are kept , how do they know that you've bought more than 5 in a week ? i believe that was the number . Don't border states have to report multi purchaces ? If the records are destroyed after 24 hrs then how are they tracking these multi gun perchaces ?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    All he does is describe how things work now. The current system would not be able to do what they are proposing.

How will they know if someone transfers a gun to someone without a check if they do not know who the gun is supposed to belong to?

Why does he think that criminals would bother to run a check when they sell and buy guns? I imagine most of the people selling guns to criminals now know what they are breaking existing laws already, so a new law isn't going to stop them.

funeralweb

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    :yesway::yesway:
    Better yet, drive to multiple different shops each week and do it. "Wander Indiana" as they used to say.

I think once a week I am going to go into a gun shop, pick out something to buy, have a background check run, then not buy anything. Maybe 30 -40 times a year. Be interesting to see if I show up on a list anywhere since no records are kept......

Last edited:

MooreALX

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Hartford City
    Now which team are you playing for, BTW? :dunno:
    I am completely pro-gun-rights, and against new background checks. I do know that all the people I work with would completely agree with Biden in this instance, but all of the other pro-gun-rights people that I saw commenting, were only commenting on Biden's previous idiotic comments, nothing to do with this.

fraige1987

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2013
    Crane
    I could see for those that were on the fence about this stuff how that would make sense. But according to the government im some right wing gun nut/hillbilly. Oh well ill keep my guns and be happy with "the black helicopter crowd"

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    C'mon guys, the OP was just making a belated 'April Fool's' joke.

EVERYBODY already knows "Double-Barrel Biden' is as screwy as a $3 bill.

Even the hardcore leftie Democrats know not to listen to "Shotgun Joe"! :D

obama_three_dollar_bill.jpg

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Oh, well I guess we'll just trust the FBI to destroy that evidence. I feel better now.

Especially since on their own website they state they share the data with i think 7 different agencies and then leave out the part that ONLY the FBI is required to destroy the data. In the next sentence they completely forget about the 7 other databases your details have just been fed into...

MooreALX

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Hartford City
    Especially since on their own website they state they share the data with i think 7 different agencies and then leave out the part that ONLY the FBI is required to destroy the data. In the next sentence they completely forget about the 7 other databases your details have just been fed into...

Do you know where that is documented?

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Do you know where that is documented?
    It looks a little different than I remember but see below in Red. Or maybe I'm remembering them talking about it in one of their videos.

So these questions remain:

• what agencies are allowed access to it, I think there were about a handful listed.
    • Is only the NICS department really required to destroy the data (which many have access to)
    • Do you really believe that they are destroying this data? It's some obscure subset of an equally obscure piece of legislation and you expect those who don't understand SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED to understand it?

FBI — Fact Sheet

Privacy and Security of NICS Information
    The privacy and security of the information in the NICS is of great importance. In October 1998, the Attorney General published regulations on the privacy and security of NICS information, including the proper and official use of this information. These regulations are available on the NICS website. Data stored in the NICS is documented federal data and access to that information is restricted to agencies authorized by the FBI. Extensive measures are taken to ensure the security and integrity of the system information and agency use. The NICS is not to be used to establish a federal firearm registry; information about an inquiry resulting in an allowed transfer is destroyed in accordance with NICS regulations. Current destruction of NICS records became effective when a final rule was published by the Department of Justice in The Federal Register, outlining the following changes. Per Title 28, Code of Federal Regulations, Part 25.9(b)(1), (2), and (3), the NICS Section must destroy all identifying information on allowed transactions prior to the start of the next NICS operational day. If a potential purchaser is delayed or denied a firearm and successfully appeals the decision, the NICS Section cannot retain a record of the overturned appeal. If the record is not able to be updated, the purchaser continues to be denied or delayed, and if that individual appeals the decision, the documentation must be resubmitted on every subsequent purchase. For this reason, the Voluntary Appeal File (VAF) has been established. This process permits applicants to request that the NICS maintain information about themselves in the VAF to prevent future denials or extended delays of a firearm transfer. (See VAF Section below.)

Top Bottom