• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I hope in the future they lift the blackout for central Indiana. There is nothing more aggrevating than not being able to watch the biggest race in motorsports because of where you live.
    Funny thing. When the race was delayed and they lifted the blackout, NOBODY left the track because they could go home and watch it on TV. That's been my point all along with blackouts. The ones that want to be there will be there, whether or not it's on TV. They wouldn't lose a thing.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Funny thing. When the race was delayed and they lifted the blackout, NOBODY left the track because they could go home and watch it on TV. That's been my point all along with blackouts. The ones that want to be there will be there, whether or not it's on TV. They wouldn't lose a thing.
    Exactly. NBA used to do blackouts and after research determined it had no affect on attendance. Hopefully they get away from old school thinking and allow the locals to watch and enjoy something thats been a part of their lives since childhood.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Ok…. So its only wokeness when it's Nascar! :nuts: Perfect….
    Whats this have to do with nascar? This isnt the nascar thread?

Why always so argumentative? It was a simple comment pointing out that most of the fanbase for indycar is likely aligned with the same beliefs.

Most stock car fans do not have the same beliefs as open wheel fans. If that were the case theyd share fanbases, but they do not.

greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfield,In

Why always so argumentative? It was a simple comment pointing out that most of the fanbase for indycar is likely aligned with the same beliefs.

Most stock car fans do not have the same beliefs as open wheel fans. If that were the case theyd share fanbases, but they do not.
    Your only assuming unless you polled them or know them personally…. Remember your just a white male living in Indiana so stop trying to speak for everyone!

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Your only assuming unless you polled them or know them personally…. Remember your just a white male living in Indiana so stop trying to speak for everyone!
    Wow.

You argue with everything.

I’m not going to argue with you or try to prove my point to you. Its pointless. The information is out there for you to find. If you’d rather rationalize it to feel better, be my guest, what you believe in your mind doesnt affect me or change what I know.

But people should be allowed to have discussions without you always trying to argue with everything they say.

greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfield,In
    Wow.

You argue with everything.

I’m not going to argue with you or try to prove my point to you. Its pointless. The information is out there for you to find. If you’d rather rationalize it to feel better, be my guest, what you believe in your mind doesnt affect me or change what I know.

But people should be allowed to have discussions without you always trying to argue with everything they say.
    It no argument its facts… but since it not YOUR facts its an argument SMH!

My point has the same value as yours…You can cry argument all you want.

Your the typical Nascar fan that’s always complaining :wallbash:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    IRL has always been part of things like this. Their fanbase is a wide mix of every country, race, and religion… so this isnt surprising. I would bet a majority of their core fans probably believe the same.
    Yep, they have a much different fan base.

Indy car fans are older, higher educated, and make more money.

• Average household income - $88,500
    31% of nascar fans do not make $30K.

Of interest in the other demographics chronicled by IndyCar from 2023, its TV audience is 61% male/39% female. For education, 89% identify as having attended or completed four years of college, and 79% earn $40,000 per year or more. By race, 86% are listed as White, 7% are Black, and 7% as Other.

Last edited:

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn

Because mongo say nascar best…

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    older, higher educated, and make more money.
    Presumably I fall into this category and I still don't like the rainbow crap (or any other "oppressed" population du jour) in Indy Car any more than I like it in NASCAR. Just race your damn cars and leave the political/social warrior crap out of it. I think any real race fan would feel the same. :dunno:

greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfield,In
    “IndyCar needs a new generation of fans. Its attendance has dropped for years with more competition for the entertainment dollar. So, it seems obvious to me that if younger folks could watch it live they might want to go to see it in person.”…..

greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfield,In
    Presumably I fall into this category and I still don't like the rainbow crap (or any other "oppressed" population du jour) in Indy Car any more than I like it in NASCAR. Just race your damn cars and leave the political/social warrior crap out of it. I think any real race fan would feel the same. :dunno:
    Exactly…. People(real race fan) aren't over looking it because it's “Indy Car”

Top Bottom