• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I had a sig required delivery recently and same thing. All other packages just get left but on this one they definitely waited for me to answer the door and took the info. It's not like actually signing the digital pad is much more of a trail, and yes, I'm guessing it is due to Covid. Had similar for other things that normally req a sig recently.

I get a lot of deliveries to my business address that I used to sign for, and now they are all like this: They ask my name and jot it down on the device.

I once shipped a handgun to gunshop in Miami for a friend of mine to pick up. The Fedex guy went right by the shop but flagged the delivery as "bad address" or "no recipient at this address" or some such. It was an overnight air/signature delivery, I was tracking it pretty close, so I called Fedex before the guy even got back to his facility. He drove around making other deliveries, then my package went back and sat at the Fedex facility for a day or so. Took several calls to before the gun finally got delivered. I protested and wanted my money back, at least part of it, since I paid for (and was required to ship) overnight air....but suddenly the delivery remarks changed to indicate normal delivery and I never got my $100 bucks back. Grrrr.

Last edited:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I get a lot of deliveries to my business address that I used to sign for, and now they are all like this: They ask my name and jot it down on the device.

I once shipped a handgun to gunshop in Miami for a friend of mine to pick up. The Fedex guy went right by the shop but flagged the delivery as "bad address" or "no recipient at this address" or some such. It was an overnight air/signature delivery, I was tracking it pretty close, so I called Fedex before the guy even got back to his facility. He drove around making other deliveries, then my package went back and sat at the Fedex facility for a day or so. Took several calls to before the gun finally got delivered. I protested and wanted my money back, at least part of it, since I paid for (and was required to ship) overnight air....but suddenly the delivery remarks changed to indicate normal deliver and I never got my $100 bucks back. Grrrr.

I would have taken a solid C-note worth out of their asses.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

I once shipped a handgun to gunshop in Miami for a friend of mine to pick up. The Fedex guy went right by the shop but flagged the delivery as "bad address" or "no recipient at this address" or some such. It was an overnight air/signature delivery, I was tracking it pretty close, so I called Fedex before the guy even got back to his facility. He drove around making other deliveries, then my package went back and sat at the Fedex facility for a day or so. Took several calls to before the gun finally got delivered. I protested and wanted my money back, at least part of it, since I paid for (and was required to ship) overnight air....but suddenly the delivery remarks changed to indicate normal delivery and I never got my $100 bucks back. Grrrr.

Yep, it's an equivalent for them. I don't fault them for it. Was just responding to a previous thread where someone, somehow thought FedEx was now making a killing by charging for signatures but not actually doing it. Now sure how that conclusion comes about, since all the same stuff is being done and the driver has to wait and potentially make a redelivery, etc if no one is there to sign.

confused89

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    IN
    Update... Pistol found! I was able to track the package down with the help of my FFL. I then called UPS to tell them where it was because it was no longer at the address that they delivered it to. They seemed very surprised that I was able to track down the package and had info that they did not have. They then asked if I wanted to come pick it up from the store. I had to inform them that I legally could not do that and that they had to deliver it to my FFL. So they updated the address and I hope that I will get it by Wednesday of next week. Thankfully the person that they delivered it to by mistake was a police officer. Surprise! If I ever meet him I owe him a drink if he drinks or some ammo if he doesn't, which ever he prefers. If he is on this board then feel free to contact me about it.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Update... Pistol found! I was able to track the package down with the help of my FFL. I then called UPS to tell them where it was because it was no longer at the address that they delivered it to. They seemed very surprised that I was able to track down the package and had info that they did not have. They then asked if I wanted to come pick it up from the store. I had to inform them that I legally could not do that and that they had to deliver it to my FFL. So they updated the address and I hope that I will get it by Wednesday of next week. Thankfully the person that they delivered it to by mistake was a police officer. Surprise! If I ever meet him I owe him a drink if he drinks or some ammo if he doesn't, which ever he prefers. If he is on this board then feel free to contact me about it.
    I wouldn't have given them a chance to lost it again.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I wouldn't have given them a chance to lost it again.

That's an interesting take. Legally, what happens if you order a firearm online and it is mistakenly delivered to your door, without an FFL involved? What should a person do, and what are the legal ramifications?

confused89

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    IN
    That's an interesting take. Legally, what happens if you order a firearm online and it is mistakenly delivered to your door, without an FFL involved? What should a person do, and what are the legal ramifications?

I’m not sure but I don’t want to find out. I’d rather do it the legal way so that I get to keep it once I have it in my hands.

To the poster asking if it was delivered to an address other than listed, the answer is yes.

confused89

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    IN
    It would but I’m pretty sure that would be breaking a law about having a pistol shipped across state lines to a person and not an FFL. I’d rather do it legal and enjoy the gun.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Why not have them deliver it and take it to the FFL to log in and do the 4473? Seems that would be the simple way.

Not sure the FFL would transfer a gun that just walked in the door with some guy, even if they were expecting the shipment.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    That's crazy! But a good outcome that it's been found and is on it's way to you again.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

Lucky break with that.

Personally though I would have marched right over there and taken it out of their hands as quickly as possible, as they have proven themselves too incompetent to be trusted with it. It's your firearm.

Also, next Wednesday? They should have been overnighting it at their expense with every form of tracking and signature known to man.

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI

How was the FFL able to help you track it down?

confused89

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    IN
    I was given the address of where it was delivered. He contacted the person. They told him what they did with it. Then I had to get ahold of someone at ups to verify that they had it. Which it still wasn’t in their system yet as being returned. From there I had to contact another person at ups to get the address change along with making sure they would not ship it back. I never talked to the guy who had it on their front porch. It was delivered to their house 6 days ago which is why I was worried. Plus I was originally told it was delivered to a different town to begin with.

Top Bottom