• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Send him an e-mail and e-mail your councilman and the four at large councilors. Ballards veto can be over-ridden!

Doug

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Indianapolis Residents, use this as a wakeup call. Tell your gun owning friends that NOW is the time to actually get involved. Write letters. Show up at the Mayor's night out. Call into Abdul when the Mayor is on the radio.

Let them know that just because we're silent doesn't mean we're content. Get loud, but do it respectfully. Speak when asked to at the Mayor's night out. Get involved! This is the only way we're going to see our rights restored rather than continually eroded.

There are 7000 people on INGO. A lot of you live inside Marion County. If you don't but have the ability to write consider offering well written example letters for those of us who "dun't rite so gud." :)

Also seriously consider coming to the Marion County Libertarian Party Meetup Group! These guys are very approachable, are interested in what you think, and as evidenced by Ed's proposal, willing to act if what you're suggesting makes sense.

I'll step off my soap box now.
    Thanks for listening.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    You can start by expressing your displeasure with Mayor Ballard's veto threat by writing him at the IndyGov page linked below:

Contact Us

Remember, be respectful.

Last edited:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    After hearing that Ballard prefers to protect criminals from honest citizens, I find it hard to believe that his is a jar-head. With all due respect to Marines, Ballard might be the one who proves that there is such thing as a "former marine".

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    I live in "the swamp". I am a frequent user of the Monon, Brookside, Garfield, Highland and Ellenberger.

I refuse to allow my personal safety and that of my family to be subject to his idiotic behavior.

Don't forget -- this is the guy who wanted to just simply create a "Chinatown" and make Indy a Cricket destination for the western hemisphere.

The "Ballard Principles" are just that --- middle management with no ability to see the big picture.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Lars, went to your website. You need to make it easier to find the meeting place. If it is on the site, I missed it, other than this, which narrows it down to a couple of square miles. :)
    Meetings will be held in downtown Noblesville.

Thanks!

ak keep the second

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Here are som thoughts for an example letter

Dear, Mayor Ballard
    I would please ask you to reconsider your stance on the topic of vetoing the proposal of allowing license-holding gun owners to carry in parks. I would much rather have the law abiding citizen armed and able to protect themselves and their families if need be, rather than be subject to criminals who know they are unarmed while in the parks. There is no problem with license-holding citizens being allowed to protect themselves. We are more of a target in a park where criminals know we are unarmed and this should not be the case at all. Parks should be a safe place for all and restraining citzens from that is unacceptable.
    sincerly,

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Lars, went to your website. You need to make it easier to find the meeting place. If it is on the site, I missed it, other than this, which narrows it down to a couple of square miles. :)

Thanks!

Not my site :)

The "north side" meet is at Borders Bookstore at 86th and keystone next to the keystone at the crossing mall.

I've not been to a southside meet, so I can't say for sure, sorry :( You could join the group and ask them though. They don't bite I promise.

Hamilton County has been meeting in Noblesville at Barley Island

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    With an election coming up this May, would it be possible to put this issue to a referendum? It appears that Mayor Ballard is making this decision so as not to rock the boat. I think if he puts it into the hands of the voters then there would be nobody to blame for outcome except ourselves.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    My email

I just submitted my thoughts to the Mayor's office, hopefully he reads and considers the comments that he receives:

"Dear Mayor Ballard,
    I recently read an article in the Indianapolis Star about your desire to veto a bill that was introduced recently which would allow citizens who possess the LTCH to carry firearms in Indianapolis parks. I am not aware of any shootings by citizens who possess the LTCH in the state parks where it is currently legal to carry a handgun and don't understand why city parks would be any different. I do however see stories of crimes being committed in our city parks and on our trails against unarmed citizens. Guns are already in our parks, but it's not the law-abiding citizens who have them. In this respect, the current law does nothing to prevent guns from being in the hands of criminals in our parks. It only ensures that their victims are defenseless. Also, and I apologize if I'm being unfair, but the article I read made it sound as though you're against this bill because you don't think the citizens are concerned about this issue and therefore see no need to make a change. If this is the case, may I suggest this question be put to a referendum in the upcoming May election? If the people of this city do not want this bill, it will be voted down. Thank you for your service to our country as a soldier, and to our city as our Mayor. Please give those who have voted for you a chance to be heard."

Top Bottom