• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Good job. Thanks for representing us well.

If she had asked something along the lines: "sir, you do understand that by enforcing this policy, not only are you losing this sale, but all of our future business, correct?". It would have interesting to see his response. (if he was sent over as the fall guy, it probably wouldn't have mattered.)

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Good job. Thanks for representing us well.

If she had asked something along the lines: "sir, you do understand that by enforcing this policy, not only are you losing this sale, but all of our future business, correct?"
    Actually, that's part of the reason I wanted to jump in. Wish I had brought that up. I REALLY wished I had one of the "no guns=no $$" cards to hand him, but I haven't printed any yet.

Actually, I had a thought to. If there are any mods reading, why not create a "guns= $$$" card to give to managers of businesses who openly welcome carriers such as The Tilted Kilt downtown Indy.?? I started on such cards, but so many irons in the fire I was never able to finish it.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Kudos for handling the whole thing calmly.
    Anyone who OC's should be able to keep a cool head. The last thing our community of Constitutionalists needs is a "hot head" out there OCing and getting bent out of shape when confronted by someone with a different opinion. :twocents:

williamrights

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Hey I worked at a TGIF from 98-01 in Fort Wayne. I do not believe it was a policy there based on one incident. The manager came up to me and one of the other wiaters to ask a question as he knew we were gun afficianados. It seems a customer came up to him complaining of another customer open carrying. He wanted to know if it was legal. We informed him that as long as the person had a license it was cool. He merely asked the gentleman if he had a license which he had. They talked a minute and he then went to the other customer and informed them that the gentelman was within the law and if she did not care for it she was free to leave. She paid her bill and left in a huff. I do not know if it still that way as that manager is not there.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Hey I worked at a TGIF from 98-01 in Fort Wayne. I do not believe it was a policy there based on one incident. The manager came up to me and one of the other wiaters to ask a question as he knew we were gun afficianados. It seems a customer came up to him complaining of another customer open carrying. He wanted to know if it was legal. We informed him that as long as the person had a license it was cool. He merely asked the gentleman if he had a license which he had. They talked a minute and he then went to the other customer and informed them that the gentelman was within the law and if she did not care for it she was free to leave. She paid her bill and left in a huff. I do not know if it still that way as that manager is not there.

I'd hire that manager in a heartbeat. :yesway::yesway:

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Didn't realize there was a city named Avon. Where is it? Is it a suburb of Indy?

Also, is it corporate policy to ask people to remove guns or is it simply the policy of the manager at that specific location?
    I think it was just that manager because I and other INGO'ers have OC'd at other TGIF's without problems. Avon is located on the west side of Indianapolis. It's sort of an outlying suburban city bordering west Indy. It's actually in Hendricks county.

Top Bottom