• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunsisgood

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 19, 2010
    Maine
    I'm no saint because I have peeked at my phone before, but this woman was in another league. I don't want be a hard case, but a person may need to lose their license for a while if they're caught texting while motoring down the road. Rant off.

Every bit as bad as drugs and booze and should be treated as such.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I saw a woman putting on makeup once..she was dangerous. I've seen many people eating, drinking, messing with their radio, reading, going through their purse/bag. Why no outcry for all these things?

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    People can text and drive if they want.
    I just hope they don't kill anyone but themselves when they take that extra second at 70 mph to look at their damn phone....:rolleyes:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I saw a woman putting on makeup once..she was dangerous. I've seen many people eating, drinking, messing with their radio, reading, going through their purse/bag. Why no outcry for all these things?

Because everybody does them. I gave up putting on make-up and rifling my purse but I am guilty of eating while driving.

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    Outlawing automatic transmissions would reduce cell phone use while driving.:oldwise:
    Until then...:bat:

I've got two of my four kidds nearing driving age and I have already told them that they will NOT be messing with their phones while driving and to be sure of that, they will only have standard transmissions available to them. This will also ensure they don't have any of their little friends trying to "borrow" their car. My dad did that to me and while I hated him for it at the time...that man is brilliant. :rockwoot:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've got two of my four kidds nearing driving age and I have already told them that they will NOT be messing with their phones while driving and to be sure of that, they will only have standard transmissions available to them. This will also ensure they don't have any of their little friends trying to "borrow" their car. My dad did that to me and while I hated him for it at the time...that man is brilliant. :rockwoot:

I had those thoughts as well...no joy. My son drove a flat bed roll back for Zores around 2006. I rode with him to get our 69 Camaro out of winter storage. His truck was the only straight stick in the fleet. We were rolling down Rockville road loaded, he was shifting up through the gears, texting and driving with his knee. Mind you we were in a big roll back tow truck but the Problem was he was driving better than anyone else around us. What do you do....:dunno:
    No matter what you do they will find a way around it......believe it.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I haven't figured out how to text sitting completely still, on my couch at home, so rest assured I won't be endangering anyone on the road! :):

Top Bottom