• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clay County
    Okay gang, got a tech question for those that know more about that kind of stuff than I do which is probably about 85% of INGO. Looking for something similar to an IPad without the $700 price tag that will allow you to surf the net,watch movies and all that good stuff. Are tablets basically the same as the IPads??

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    they are sort of, they just have different operating systems and features. if you want something for movies get the nexus 10, its about $500 and has an awesome screen.

Hoosier Daddy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 20, 2012
    Yup. Both are tablets. The iPads start at $500 for wifi only.
    The Android tablets run cheaper.
    The Cromebooks look pretty cool too. A $250 laptop.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Pretty much. The iPad runs on a proprietary Apple operating system, which some people like and others think is restrictive. But essentially the iPad is just the most currently popular tablet PC among lots of choices.

sixty8firebird1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    SE IN
    Look into a refurbished iPad. My dad bought one a year or two ago and you couldn't tell any difference between his and my brothers brand new one. They come with the same warranty as a brand new one and if I recall correctly, it was a little over half the cost of a brand new one. He uses it 2-3hrs a day and its still going strong.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    Go iPad refurb

You can get a refurb'ed 32GB Wi-Fi only 3rd Gen iPad for $469 direct from the Apple store. I've bought several refurb items from Apple and have never had that first problem. If my family was looking, I would tell them to buy Apple refurbs. Hundreds of thousands of quality apps. Very easy to use. I don't know about you, but I can find free Wi-Fi almost anywhere I go. I see no need to get a tablet with a data plan unless you have a SERIOUS need for it.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    it's no ipad, but t-star has a kindle fire that she absolutely loves! watch movies, surf the web , music etc. everything you want/need and a $200 pricetag.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    it's no ipad, but t-star has a kindle fire that she absolutely loves! watch movies, surf the web , music etc. everything you want/need and a $200 pricetag.

Kindle Fire is a good choice if you don't mind the smaller 7" screen. My sister has a 7" Fire HD. She's very happy with it.

A_Brit_In_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Greenwood, Indiana
    You have a choice, as many have said, iPads are coming down in price, I also have a nook HD that does everything the iPad does, you can now get a kindle tablet, I even saw the Polaroid tablets in Steinmart for $78, all you do with those is delete the operating system and reload it with the latest android software.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    my wife and I really like the Google nexus

It's affordable and everything comes from Google play which you can access on other machines too

Top Bottom