• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Glockster - Kudos on bringing up the subject with the SP. I didn't carry for that reason too. :+1:

+ rep :) :yesway:

I am totally going to say that gun owners know the law better that the state troopers. Yes, I said it. No one is more careful about the law than us, which makes us the polar opposite of criminals.

Great rally. Made you feel good about being an American again. It was extremely uplifting to be among so many like minded people. I was beginning to wonder if there was just a handful of true conservatives left in this city, state and country.

One interesting note about carrying: I did not because of warnings on this forum that it was against the law to carry on the lawn and I wanted to get up close. As soon as I arrived, I had this exchange with one of the uniformed ISP:

"Excuse me Sir, I am licensed to carry a firearm but I am not armed today. I understand that it is against the law to carry my firearm on the Statehouse lawn. Can you tell me exactly where the boundary is so that I can obey the law in the future. Is it the sidewalk?"

ISP Officer: "You can't take them in the building."

Based on the reliable information available here, I believe this officer didn't know the law, and even worse, tried to bluff me.

EDIT: BTW, thanks to Savage Eagle and Henktermaat for posting all the pics.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Glockster, I had a similar encounter aswell when I first got there. One of them stopped me and asked about the sign my daughter was holding and immediatly noticed I was carrying. Unfortunatly by the time I got there, I had forgotten my CC holster. DOH!

I showed him my LTCH and he was cool with it as long as I stood on the sidewalk. Which was fine cause I told him I planned on it. :dunno: I did become a rebel by standing on the concrete "wall" the sign holders were on in front of the ISP on Washington St. :): I'm such a bad boy! :p

Personally, had I had my CC holster, I'd probably continued into the lawn, but I doubt it. I think paranoia would have set in!

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Glockster, I had a similar encounter aswell when I first got there. One of them stopped me and asked about the sign my daughter was holding and immediatly noticed I was carrying. Unfortunatly by the time I got there, I had forgotten my CC holster. DOH!

I showed him my LTCH and he was cool with it as long as I stood on the sidewalk. Which was fine cause I told him I planned on it. :dunno: I did become a rebel by standing on the concrete "wall" the sign holders were on in front of the ISP on Washington St. :): I'm such a bad boy! :p

Personally, had I had my CC holster, I'd probably continued into the lawn, but I doubt it. I think paranoia would have set in!

What did he ask about the sign?

Kudos for carring there!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    What did he ask about the sign?

Kudos for carring there!

It was two sided and he asked to see the other side. I'll get pictures of it later when I go get the mail. :D I'm feeling lazy today until I gain two more kids to babysit. :cool:

I'd love to have seen more people carry. I suggested to the organizers to ENCOURAGE it but they seemed to scared by the "what ifs" without people carrying. Everyone made a big deal about ACORN plants yet I only saw one that looked like one and he was in one of the photos... I'll go back and look.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    It was two sided and he asked to see the other side. I'll get pictures of it later when I go get the mail. :D I'm feeling lazy today until I gain two more kids to babysit. :cool:

I'd love to have seen more people carry. I suggested to the organizers to ENCOURAGE it but they seemed to scared by the "what ifs" without people carrying. Everyone made a big deal about ACORN plants yet I only saw one that looked like one and he was in one of the photos... I'll go back and look.

I really doubt they would care or even feign interest about what's on the sign. I'm pretty sure he asked that just so he could look you over better, getting a closer look at you. He probably thought he saw your gun from a distance and wanted to get a better look.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    If anyone here sees themselves in a photo and want's it gone, just PM me...

IMG_7615.JPG

IT WAS THIS GUY!!!!!!^^^^^^

Oh wait.... Actually I saw this guy walking around everywhere I was giving the same look to EVERYONE. This was the ONLY suspicious guy I saw except the guys with earwigs but I think they were cops....

PICT0094.jpg

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    This whole crap with CNN and MSNBC has me allllllll kinda pissed off. I say this time around we go after media.

We all know media controls the influence in this Country. Most people eat all the **** they feed them. I say we start sticking it to the media! CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, FOX, IndyStar, ALLL OF THEM. This bias crap has got to stop.

Our only other alternitive is to start our own media. Be it radio, print, online, video, whatever.

So whatta you all think? Should we dedicate a thread to this?

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Did anyone see the thing in the pink dress that Thomas Paine (Bob Basso) referenced?
    My son has my camera as soon as I get it later today I will post some pics.
    My brother (ATF Consumer) and I walked the crowd a couple of times and the only Ingo hat we saw was on Archbishop. I was hoping to meet more of you. I guess I"ll have to wait until we have a gathering.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Sorry, I had to sport my USS Carl Vinson hat yesterday instead of my INGO hat. As much as I like the forums, I wanted to show my right wing extremism roots by showing the military side of me.

nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Update from Noblesville

Don't forget about us! The media says 35, but I thought it was more like 50ish. By the time they started counting people were already leaving. Not quite on par with downtown Indy, but for those of us who couldn't make it down there!:rockwoot:

Top Bottom