• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Thought this Tactical Response video was kinda funny. . .

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxCyAWmF2uI]YouTube - TASER Experiment[/ame]

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Interesting how quickly you can recover. I would have thought it would be at least a few seconds of grogginess. I wonder if recovery time is the same if you're not braced and ready for the tasing.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Interesting how quickly you can recover. I would have thought it would be at least a few seconds of grogginess. I wonder if recovery time is the same if you're not braced and ready for the tasing.
    Or if you're not helped down and just fall flat on your face.

sig shooter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Spencer, Indian
    Tased

I can tell you first hand that it hurts like hell for the 5 seconds. As part of being certified I was tased. I have been tased and pepper spryed I would take the pepper spray any day over the taser. :laugh:

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    For those who have been tasered: While you're being shocked is it possible to move or roll enough to get the prongs out while you're being shocked, or are you pretty much paralyzed?

sig shooter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Spencer, Indian
    Alot of it depends on the distance of the probes. The closer the probes the more you can move. When I was tased the probes were approx 5 inches apart. It's prefered to be approx 8 inches apart.

SCAR

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Valparaiso Indiana
    To carry a Tazer on my department you have to be hit with it. It was the LONGEST 5sec of my life but it did not hurt. It locks your body and there is no way I could move to get the probes out but once you have been hit with it for the first time you know to get the probes out before you get a 2td cycle. It does not keep you down and you can recover very quickly once you realize its over after those 5 sec.

I have used it 4 times on the street and so far everyone has required a 2td cycle its like after the first one they are stunned and go what the hell was that once they get hit with a 2td cycle they decide they dont want anymore and submit to commands.

I would rather be tazed 10 times before I get hit with freeze +P (OC/CS combo) again. BUT the Drive stun (no cartridge used like a stun gun) hurts worse then anything I ever felt and it will burn your skin and hurt for days!

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I can tell you first hand that it hurts like hell for the 5 seconds. As part of being certified I was tased. I have been tased and pepper spryed I would take the pepper spray any day over the taser. :laugh:
    Whew! I've always sworn I'd take an a$$ whoopin' from Mike Tyson before I'd voluntarily take pepper again, so the Taser must really suck!

Scam1789

Long time Member mostly lurking.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 11, 2008
    Pittsboro
    For those who have been tasered: While you're being shocked is it possible to move or roll enough to get the prongs out while you're being shocked, or are you pretty much paralyzed?

While watching that video I found this one...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqZP2HyudEM]YouTube - Taser Explained...and Defeated by Willpower![/ame]

Obviously some can overcome it...

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    Very cool video. Even with all that preparation, knowing it was coming, and where it was going to hit, it still took him a second to recover. I wonder how he'd have done if he didn't know when or where it was coming from.

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    I volunteered to take 5.5% dillution OC at work, stream across the eyes, I wouldn't say it hurt horribly bad or anything, as long as you kept your eyes shut, which is what it is designed to do. During decontamination though, as you are washing the excess off your face, panic can set in as it feels like you are drowning. I was able to see fine in midday sun in august after about 45minutes.

I thought because I had been hit with 20% before I would be ready for 5.5%, I was very wrong...lol

I've volunteered for a taser and stun pad from the leo taser for a demonstration, the stun pad was far worse.

the prongs only really hurt when you take them out, as was said before, the stun pad burns skin....LOL

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I volunteered for exposure to the training taser (they clip leads to your body instead of shooting the probes into your skin), but the sheriff wouldn't let them do it to me, ostensibly for liability reasons.

The current tasers seem to work really well at incapacitating people WHILE the current is flowing.

Older tasers like what was used on Rodney King were not as effective. Cheap "stun guns" are useless. They might cause some pain at the site of application, but they're not going to stop a determined individual.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    I have been gased and pepper sprayed so much I think I have become immune to it. During training I took the filters out of the gas mask so I could breath better while running. I know the first couple of times a lot of people freak out but really its just mind over matter. Now the taser is a different story I will need many more tazings to build up my immunity.

Top Bottom