• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    i got a friend of mine doing some bartering and one of the things offered to him was a eaa tanfoglio.45, can anybody who knows these guns give me an idea of quality; what there worth new as opposed to used, polymer versus steel, etc??? I looked online but i would like your guys opinions as i value the opinions on this forum...... Thanks everyone

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    I have an EAA Witness P Carry in 9mm.
    I got it brand new for $299. I really love the cheap guy. For $300 its a hell of a bargain. Not as accurate as my m9, or SIG p226, but that should be obvious haha. I bought it just to shoot around the yard with.
    Used.. I'd pay $250 considering I got mine for $300 new, but you won't find one that cheap.
    They make some higher end stuff as well. Their "hunter" model is notorious for being a tac driver.
    Over all, I love my tanfoglio polymer 9mm.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    i got a friend of mine doing some bartering and one of the things offered to him was a eaa tanfoglio.45, can anybody who knows these guns give me an idea of quality; what there worth new as opposed to used, polymer versus steel, etc??? I looked online but i would like your guys opinions as i value the opinions on this forum...... Thanks everyone

If it's a steel frame I'd say trade for/buy it! If it's polymer I'd pass, but that's just me.
    I have an EAA Witness in .45acp and sporting the "Wonder Finish". I absolutely LOVE that gun.
    The Witness is a clone of the CZ75, and a very good clone at that.

Don't pass it up just because you've never heard of it. Scrutinize it like you would any other gun. Check for wear and abuse. If all looks good, I doubt you'll be disappointed in the acquisition.

BTW- A "Tangelo" is a citrus fruit.

jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    If it's a steel frame I'd say trade for/buy it! If it's polymer I'd pass, but that's just me.
    I have an EAA Witness in .45acp and sporting the "Wonder Finish". I absolutely LOVE that gun.
    The Witness is a clone of the CZ75, and a very good clone at that.

Don't pass it up just because you've never heard of it. Scrutinize it like you would any other gun. Check for wear and abuse. If all looks good, I doubt you'll be disappointed in the acquisition.

BTW- A "Tangelo" is a citrus fruit.

lol. Ya my spelling mistake. I know a little bit about them but not enough to give advice on whether to trade for or not. I agree with you if it's not steel I wouldn't want it. Just my personal preference.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I also just recently found a Tanfaglio TA90, which is another clone of the CZ75, but this one is 9mm.
    Same ergonomic grip, same steel frame, but black-oxide finish similar to the Deseret Eagles.

Great guns in my opinion.

J480

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2013
    Griffith IN
    Can't say much about the polymer frames,but I love my EAA Witness Elite Match .40. Bought new for 699(a bit above msrp,but got extra mags with it) ,put about 700 rounds thru it no failures of any kind. Older models (2005) ran into frames/slides cracking,mostly with 10mm. After searching for a while,seems EAA changed the castings for stronger steel.IIRC the squared slide models had the issues,and they changed to the rounded slides(newer models) Can't give an accurate price on them as there are quite a few different models,but EAA's website will give you the msrp's on them. At the least it can give you an estimate on price.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom