• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hogwylde

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Moved to Tucson, AZ
    I've been here 3-4 months. When I was brought in, I was never shown the company orientation videos or given an employee handbook.

I've been employed by my company for almost 13 years now. We don't have an orientation video or an employee handbook. The job offer letter I got spelled out my job description and job responsibilities........and included the phrase "and any other duties that may be necessary from time to time".

Why is not having either a problem?

lothsun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2014
    Evansville
    I've been employed by my company for almost 13 years now. We don't have an orientation video or an employee handbook. The job offer letter I got spelled out my job description and job responsibilities........and included the phrase "and any other duties that may be necessary from time to time".

Why is not having either a problem?

Because every other employee has watched it and has a handbook.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    And there you go. YOU are not an employee of the company. YOU are an EMPLOYEE of the TEMP AGENCY that send you to work there.

Wow!! Are you honestly suggesting that a temporary worker doesn't have protection of the law? Perhaps OSHA rules and workplace discrimination laws should apply either because well you know , he is just a temp. :dunno:

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If I had my own business, I'd have my own version of "Bring Your Gun to Work" Day. It would be synonymous with Monday. It would also be synonymous with Tuesday. Also Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. It would only be synonymous with Saturday and Sunday if you choose to come to work on those days.

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    And there you go. YOU are not an employee of the company. YOU are an EMPLOYEE of the TEMP AGENCY that send you to work there.

Wow!! Are you honestly suggesting that a temporary worker doesn't have protection of the law? Perhaps OSHA rules and workplace discrimination laws should apply either because well you know , he is just a temp. :dunno:

Where in the world did you come up with that idea Rooster :dunno: The comments were about why he was not given and/or entitled to a copy of the "employee handbook". Nothing I read said anything what so ever about a temporary worker not having protection under the law. I have employed temps in the past, and I gave the agency a copy of the work rules, and they were in charge of making sure anyone they sent, knew the rules and had agreed to abide by them. Temps work for and are employees of the agency, and are "contracted out" to businesses that need that type of laborer.

Brown Sound

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2013
    Terre Haute
    I completely agree and I plan to not say anything about it. Just wondering what my course of action should be if they find out.

Find out? Not gonna happen, unless you are broadcasting that you have a firearm in your vehicle (very bad idea, by the way.) Even then, they can't search your vehicle, hell, the police can't do it, without probable cause. As said in the above posts, keep it locked in your glove-box, in a locked vehicle and stay cool about it, it's your business not the entire breakroom's, eh?

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    First off, Indiana does not put the weight of law behind any sign or rule any private property has in regards to having a gun on you or in your car. Indiana also does not allow employers to prohibit guns in employees cars or even ask about it. If they fire you over it they have broken the law. However, Indiana is also an at-will employment state and you can be fired for almost any reason and it would be hard to prove the real reason was a gun so just keep quiet about it.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    My employer gets to write their own rules.

Any viewpoints expressed by me are my opinion and my viewpoints alone.
    Any viewpoint or opinion expressed by me may or may not be the viewpoint or opinion of the University of Notre Dame.

My schools get to write their own rules as well

Any viewpoint or opinion expressed by me as a student may or may not be the viewpoint or opinion of Indiana University or Purdue University.

Yes....I have three .edu email addresses.
    You should strongly consider looking into Students for Concealed Carry. They lobby to get the right to carry allowed on campus.

Top Bottom