• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DukeTheDog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Schererville (NWI)
    My teenage boys want me to take them hunting. I figure squirrel and rabbit hunting would be good to start with. I have not been hunting in over 30 years when I used to go with my dad, so I guess I am new to this too.
    Both Winimac and Willow slough are about an hour away from us, so I think we will go to one of those. I don't have any nearby family or friends who are hunters to show us the ropes. I have a couple of .22's and a .410 to bring along, but other than reading up on the internet and searching this forum, my knowledge is pretty lacking.
    So....I know that going with an experienced hunter is the best way to learn, but if I have the proper licenses and equipment, can I take my boys to one of these places and learn as we go? I've read up on all of the legal rules etc. Are there any unwritten rules or etiquette that I need to know about? Thanks for any advice.

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    113   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    don't litter on the ground...

be sure of your target and what's behind it (houses, roadways, etc)

I'm new too (although I've been a few times) so I'm interested in what others say too.

DukeTheDog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Schererville (NWI)
    Thanks Jason, that reminds me. My boys are 15 and 16 and not new to firearms. They know the general safety rules and how to handle the weapons and check their shots. They are just used to doing it at the range.

Top Bottom