• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I actually like my Gunny approved Tru Spec pants a little more than my 5.11s.

But my Wrangler cargo khakis are the most comfy by far at $15 (walmart) . They even have a pocket for your mag, but alas I'm a lefty so that doesnt work for me.

ETA: the only beef I have is after several months, they suddenly and magically shink in the inseam. They are fine for months and the BAM! High waters. :dunno:

Last edited:

lester

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Greencastle

This.

True Story:

When I worked for 5.11, I wore 5.11 everything (as you can imagine). I have a closet full of 5.11 clothing still ...and I never believed the BS about Tru-Spec's shape being more comfortable. They were knock-offs, the devil, don't look at them and they might go away... Blah Blah Blah... right?

Until I was issued a pair for a Signal 30 detail in Putnam County. Holy hell, there really is more room for your bits in the Tru Spec. That is why Tru Spec is in-stock at our store and 5.11 is only a special order from Nelson & Co. We'll get you 5.11, but you'll appreciate us more if you get the Tru-Spec instead.

I hope this helps.

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A

But my Wrangler cargo khakis are the most comfy by far at $15 (walmart) . They even have a pocket for your mag, but alas I'm a lefty so that doesnt work for me.

ETA: the only beef I have is after several months, they suddenly and magically shink in the inseam. They are fine for months and the BAM! High waters. :dunno:

I'm with the Monkey on this... I have a pair of Tru Spec on the way. Reviews seemed good.

MEN'S 24-7 SERIES® TACTICAL PANTS | TRU-SPEC : Tactically Inspired Apparel

I need a change out from Wallys Wrangler carpenters. 30x32 is ok with 6" Merrells but not loafers. Cant find 30x34s. Tru-Spec has 30x34s. Hopefully they won't be dragging the ground.

I'm in the 'skinny leg' faction.

:ingo:

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Tr Spec or 5.11? Get one, grow a beard, pick up a shemagh, wear your Khaki Ballcap, with "The Punisher" patch, add wrap around black sunglasses.... now you are an operator. Add a thigh holster rig, carry a bolt rifle w/scope, and wrap it all with burlap strips after "rattle can" camo paint job. Now you are a Black Ops Operator!

Going on a 2yr service use of 5.11 Tac Pants. Unsure of their model #, got at Quartermaster online for like $40. Ton of wear, no damage, full sized so you can squat, crawl, and move without "whistling Dixie" in pain. Good pants.

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    Whew I didn't realize the price of 5.11's until I compared different "tactical" pants today while in my boringly long 8 hour ARSC safety class. For the price of a single 5.11 pants I'd rather get 3 pairs of LA Police Gear rip stop pants. I don't own any tactical pants yet but when I do get some they will all be LA Police Gear. I wear jeans more than cargo pants.

Top Bottom