• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Looks like the Assad regime has upped the stakes in their ongoing civil war. Hundreds are dead and more have been affected by nerve agents and managed to survive, (some no doubt thanks to the successful use of atropine in a timely manner). While doctors without borders aren't pointing fingers at anyone, they are making the case that someone has used nerve gas. The likely suspect is Assad, since he has access to loads of nerve agents and the requisite delivery systems. He's also deliberately blocking the UN inspectors from doing the job they were sent to Syria to do, along with blaming the rebel forces for the non-existent nerve gas attack. Now we'll get to see if Mr. Obama sticks to his gun, now that it's becoming pretty obvious that his red line has been crossed. I'm thinking we're about to be pulled into a conflict we've got no business being involved in, especially given reports that elements of the 6th Fleet are currently being repositioned farther East in the Med.

Syria: Thousands Suffering Neurotoxic Symptoms Treated in Hospitals Supported by MSF | Doctors Without Borders

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I'm conflicted on this issue. Seeing rows and rows of dead children with no apparent injury really pulled at my heart. Sending the military into yet another Middle East country is something we shouldn't do. Let the UN put together a combat force made up of European armies to deal with Syria. It's their turn.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm curious as to why the manner of death matters in deciding if its an atrocity or not. Are chemical weapons killing children somehow more horrific than conventional munitions? Anyone remember Rwanda?

warriorbob

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96%
    24   1   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    whether or not we should be over there is a mute point because until we get completely off of foreign oil we have to protect those shipping routes. blocking or destroying those ports and routes is the easiest way to destroy this country and it is our biggest Achilles heel.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    So... where did Assad GET the nerve gas? It didn't come from IRAQ by any chance did it?
    He manufactured it. Nerve gas isn't an overly complicated thing to make. The Israelis bombed one his sites a couple of years ago and there's no reason to think he doesn't have more scattered around the country, as well as stockpiles of already existing chemicals. Despite what many Americans may think, Syria isn't and wasn't some backwards third world country like Afghanistan. They didn't need any imaginary WMD's from Iraq.

Last edited:

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    It does look a little suspect to me when the last 'nerve' gas attack said "Assad did it" then the BBC does an investigation (although hardly credible), and they conclude that there is more evidence that the "Syrian REBELS" did it.
    BBC News - UN's Del Ponte says evidence Syria rebels 'used sarin'
    Now another attack goes off and it coincides with the UN's arrival into Syria. What I don't get is if Assad is refusing to admit that it was his army that did the attack, why would he be so stupid to do it on the day that the UN would be present? Then the Assad admin says that they have found gas weapons in the rebel tunnels under the city. Hmm..
    Syria: Cameron and Obama move west closer to intervention | World news | The Observer

Lets face it! When these atrocities happen, when all of the dust has settled, there seems to be more questions than answers. More fingers point backwards as our 'admin' continually acts without real PROOF and the media again shoots without justification as well. It's an ongoing dilemma.

There is a real wild scenario paying out in front of us. The last people.... "regimes" as the news refers to them as, have ALL tried and succeeded in selling off oil in another denomination than the US dollar. That's the ONLY thing I can find in common between all of them... Hussein, Mubarak, Gaddafi, IRAN. When we know Syria is the second most civilian armed country in the world, and they've got IRAN's back... We should wonder what's happening over here, when were hearing "look anywhere else' by the MSM.

Iran presses ahead with dollar attack - Telegraph
    Gadhafi?s Gold-money Plan Would Have Devastated Dollar
    Are The Middle East Wars Really About Forcing the World Into Dollars and Private Central Banking? | Washington's Blog

funeralweb

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    :dunno:So we didn't supply Iraq with chemical weapons during their war with Iran in the 80's? That's something Bush 41 would have known about when he was VP under POTUS 40. Wouldn't our fear of our own weapons being used against our forces have been a good reason not to take Baghdad just 3 years later in '91 when we were within eyeshot of its skyline? And there's zero chance that any of those weapons would have still been in Saddam Hussein's inventory when Bush 43 took us back in? And there's zero chance they were moved to a place like, say, Syria? :dunno: The Muzzienational coalition against the West is a lot more focused than any international coalition against (if we were against) Islam.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    So... where did Assad GET the nerve gas? It didn't come from IRAQ by any chance did it?

Russia is the main supplier of weapons into Syria. However I don't know of any evidence that they are supplying chemical weapons to them.

As of this morning, the US has a fleet of destroyers stationed off the cost of Syria.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    I'm curious as to why the manner of death matters in deciding if its an atrocity or not. Are chemical weapons killing children somehow more horrific than conventional munitions? Anyone remember Rwanda?
    As with the Japan A-bomb thread elsewhere on the forum, death by any means is an awful thing. But...BHO elevated it to a different plane by drawing the "red line". NOW, anyone see echoes of the WMD argument following Iraq War II? As in, whodunnit, and wheredtheygetem?

I'm conflicted on this issue. Seeing rows and rows of dead children with no apparent injury really pulled at my heart. Sending the military into yet another Middle East country is something we shouldn't do. Let the UN put together a combat force made up of European armies to deal with Syria. It's their turn.

This. Except Barry opened his trap about tripwires.

If he had been Prez in 1950 there would be one Korea and Europe would be united under the hammer and sickle. (Well, that last happened pretty much anyway...)

The best you can say of this situation, either Barry gets another international relations pie in the face, or he commits the US to another war we don't belong in...

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    As with the Japan A-bomb thread elsewhere on the forum, death by any means is an awful thing.

Exactly. Which is why I don't understand the "if you use chemical weapons" trip wire concept. As long as you slaughter civilians with machetes and firearms, that's cool. Just don't use poison gas, because that's bad.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I've seen more evidence it was the rebels than Assad.

Where at?
    i do hate how the media is showing all the chemical weapon attacks and making claims about who was responsible and who were the victims, then making the disclaimer that the videos and claims can't be verified. How is that for journalistic integrity, they can't substantiate anything they're putting on your television screen but they know 92% of their viewership is going to take what their spoon fed at face value.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Also I'm fairly certain Syria probably had the capabilities to synthesize chemical weapons themselves. It's the technology which is key. I don't think anyone was shipping Syria giant drums of nerve gas but they could have very well have sold Syria the ingredients and equipment. Just as we didn't send Iraq actual chemical weapons, just the technology, know how and helicopters.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Where at?

Watching RT yesterday ... A tunnel used by the rebels was found to contain chemical agents etc..... I havent seen any proof Assads regime has uised chemical weapons ... Though i am reserving judgement as i have no idea who is using them, just saying from what i've heard so far everything points to the rebs

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Watching RT yesterday ... A tunnel used by the rebels was found to contain chemical agents etc..... I havent seen any proof Assads regime has uised chemical weapons ... Though i am reserving judgement as i have no idea who is using them, just saying from what i've heard so far everything points to the rebs
    I saw this reported on the BBC and have certainly reserved judgement and taken a healthy dose of salt. It seems rather convenient for the Assad regime, (who we know has chemical weapons) to have fortuitously managed to have found these tunnels stuffed with rebel nerve gas. It's a story that has a certain stench to it, given that Assad has everything to gain from deflecting attention from himself to his opposition. And, while I normally like some of what comes out of RT, there is no escaping the fact that they are beholden to and almost a defacto arm of, the Putin regime. Allies of Assad. My BP is rising with all the salt I'm having to ingest.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    He manufactured it. Nerve gas is an overly complicated thing to make. The Israelis bombed one his sites a couple of years ago and there's no reason to think he doesn't have more scattered around the country, as well as stockpiles of already existing chemicals. Despite what many Americans may think, Syria isn't and wasn't some backwards third world country like Afghanistan. They didn't need any imaginary WMD's from Iraq.

Russia is the main supplier of weapons into Syria. However I don't know of any evidence that they are supplying chemical weapons to them.

As of this morning, the US has a fleet of destroyers stationed off the cost of Syria.

:dunno:

Some people think he might have gotten them from Iraq. Some people think he might have made them himself. Some people think he might have gotten them from Russia.

Nobody has any proof of anything. All anybody has is conjecture guided by his own biases.

Nobody actually even knows for sure who is using them.

Top Bottom