SWAT Team invades home and kills dog for a joint.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Ranger, I can only respond by saying I have always seen and felt supported by my community in most of my agency's actions. In fact ... the first place I have ever seen so little support is right here on INGO! I think most of these anti-LE posts are people trying to spread their personal agenda's as if they have an axe to grind.

Unfortunately, I've spent a good part of my life arresting people that use firearms to do harm to other people, steal, rob, etc.... and then I find a website like INGO a place where responsible, law abidding people like myself share my same passion.

I came thinking of all the fellow gun owners I would meet being I have been raised around firearms my whole life and enjoyed the company of others at public ranges. Instead, I meet people who I thought "had my back" to people im not so sure I can count on anymore. At least a few that post here!

Up until INGO, the only complaints I have ever heard were from the people we arrest being they are always innocent and never do anything wrong etc. I will say the us-vs-them attitude is stronger here than I have ever experienced from fellow Officers. Our us-vs-them mentality we have is the criminals that are shooting, robbing, beating people that can't defend themselves.

As far as calling in the FED's to serve a county felony warrant? Good luck with that one.... they will send you back to the county tactical team. We have a reason as to why several communities joined together to form a multi-jurisdictional SWAT team. FED tactical units serve Fed warrants. Our only option would be ISP SWAT... good team but we're better :):

You may have a good argument about how police SWAT teams have become militarized. Most the training we receive is/was from current or former military instructors at military bases all around the country. Most this training, equipment, etc. was in the late 90's. In recent years, we have attended good private schools and training at Blackwater or now XE. Like I said before, we are serious and train hard to be our best when we are needed.

Oh... just so you know.... Im definately one of the Good Ones like the others Ive seen post here. :ingo: I think the main difference between us or our opinions. We (LE) are in the streets answering the calls "walking the walk" while others read the stories in the paper and form their own opinions of how it should/could have been done. But I guess thats why we have courts. :twocents:

:+1:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I'm arguing over the FACTS presented. Home damage, child trauma and family(my dogs are my family) injured/killed over a joint.

There was a no knock warrant issued a few years ago because a guy had plants that resembled pot growing in his house and a neighbor looked in the window and called the police. They tried kicking in the door and he shot one of them through the door. He is(was) on trial for murder.
    (The events I just mentioned might not be 100% accurate, that's just how I remember it...If you really twist my arm, I may be able to dig up the story).

Like I said before, I don't necessarily disagree with the cops actions, but the "system" that gave them the go ahead for this travesty is completely BS. No knock warrants in general are BS.

I don't totally agree, but I understand.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    So, because I feel that this was handled HORRIBLY, I'm now a drug user?:scratch:

Interesting train of thought.

Drug user or supporter of them. Sorry, but when you want to tip toe around drug dealers, I've got nothing for you. I moved here to get my boy away from those "freedom warriors" some people worship so highly, because they are thugs and criminals. Gave up our house, a high paying job, and the start of an actual career to come here and do grunt work to get away from the scum so many here seem to regard as heroes.

Sorry, I hold them in contempt, and find it disgusting that so many people are unable to determine the difference between freedom, and anarchy. The peckerhead in the movie was a drug dealer, got lucky and didn't get caught holding this time, and people rally round him like he's frigging Thomas Jefferson. Invite him to move next door, if you really believe the crap you all spout.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Drug user or supporter of them. Sorry, but when you want to tip toe around drug dealers, I've got nothing for you. I moved here to get my boy away from those "freedom warriors" some people worship so highly, because they are thugs and criminals. Gave up our house, a high paying job, and the start of an actual career to come here and do grunt work to get away from the scum so many here seem to regard as heroes.

I'm a drug (user) supporter because I find this situation extreme?

Sorry, I hold them in contempt, and find it disgusting that so many people are unable to determine the difference between freedom, and anarchy. The peckerhead in the movie was a drug dealer, got lucky and didn't get caught holding this time, and people rally round him like he's frigging Thomas Jefferson. Invite him to move next door, if you really believe the crap you all spout.

I find it quite ironic that you label him a drug dealer, when I've seen you in other threads professing your disgust towards people with the "guilty until proven innocent" attitude. Fact of the matter is they did that much damage and found a JOINT.

Not to mention they could have just as easily waited for him to leave his house and arrested him then, but that's neither here nor there.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    If 30% of my paycheck wasn't taken in taxes, I fear that the country would surely fall into utter anarchy. Meth would flow in the streets. Thank God for our Police State.

radonc73

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Lowell
    Was this an arrest warrant or a search warrant, there is a huge difference. If they had evidence of him in actual drug transactions and were arresting him that is different that using a CI who says that the guy had drugs. Sure he WAS a drug dealer and did his time paid his debt to society. It seems to me that the joint was them reaching for straws after things went totally not as expected. I doubt that if he was pulled over he would have even been arrested as the cops have REAL dangerous people out there to deal with.

MPD I am sure you know of more than those 2 cops who skirt the laws. I know a few cops and they DO have an attitude that they are above the law. That they are not worried about going out and tying one on and driving b/c they know that most cops would let them off if they got pulled over just whip out the badge and get a "professional courtesy" pass. Until they end up in a ditch or kill someone they feel they are invincable. That is how more and more people view police.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Price of a spliff... 10 bucks. Cost of JBTs flash banging your house, killing your dogs and gut punching you in front of your kids... I dunno? 20K?

Hyperbole, before any of you think otherwise but my point is still the same.

Money on murders? Yes. Rape allegations? Yes. The 'war' on drugs is not one that is winnable. Quick! Someone call me Harry Reid! :D

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    IMO, no one has the right to determine what is "good" or "bad" for you to put into your body.

Trans fats are bad, shoudl we have a war against fat? Alcohol is bad, let's bring back prohibition. Red meat isn't all that good for you, and in fact so is most meat. Let's just outlaw meat. Coffee gets people too jacked up and they'll go around killing people. BAN ALL COFFEE AND SODA!!! WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN???!!!!

It's patently ridiculous for any person to stand up, point a finger, and say, "you can't do that to yourself!"

Now, if your decision to use drugs leads to you hurting someone or damaging someone's property, then you deserve the full weight of the law to come down on your head.

Until that point though, what I do to myself is no one's business but my own.

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    Happens, I agree with Thumper. Lots of folks supporting drug use, or at least druggies, on this site. I know ya'll say you don't, but you are being somewhat less than honest.

It's disturbing, because drugs and guns don't mix, though I truly believe there are a few folks on the site who can't see that through the cloud of smoke.

Gee... hope I didn't offend anybody!

So, are you saying that if I were to support Gay marriage then I would be a homosexual?.....(be very careful how you respond :D)

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Gee, so much for innocent until proven guilty. Hope you never end up on a jury without your morning dose of caffeine.

I'm sorry. I'm just not going to buy into your attempt to re-write history just so you can turn this convicted drug dealer into a hero for your bong worship.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO

I hear what you're saying, but you have to start with the principle and the pragmatic will flow from there. The bottom line is that I should be able to put what I want in my body. I should be able to engage in voluntary commerce with others, even if what I'm selling is basically unhealthy.

I think the reason drug dealers are scumbags is because of the laws, just as many in the illegal alcohol business during Prohibition were also scumbags.

For the record, there are lots of kinds of folks I wouldn't want next door to me. I don't get that choice, unless they are doing something that actually infringes on my rights.

I think the drug laws have been used against freedom, and that they've done more harm than good. And the only drug I use recreationally is bourbon on the rocks.

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    I'm sorry. I'm just not going to buy into your attempt to re-write history just so you can turn this convicted drug dealer into a hero for your bong worship.

You aren't looking at the big picture. It is beyond just this one instance. No one here is trying to re-write history...just trying to preserve it.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    The officers were doing the job that the Judge had Ok'd

The real lesson is, listen closely I will type it slowly for you two.

If you want to play grown up games and do illegal things, be prepared to win the prize that comes with it.

Ta da.....in this case, it is that simple.

I wonder why no civil case was brought against the police.:rolleyes:

There is no civil case to be brought. As long as the officer in good faith thought the warrant was good they are off the hook. And you can't sue the judge. Bottom line is don't be a criminal.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom