• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JHAWK1980

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Been putting this off for 2 years gotta get my gallbladder removed. Anyone had this done? Not looking forward to it, don't like the idea of being cut open.

Hmm wonder if I should have posted this in the self defense forum?

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    I was in the hospital with a surgery suite reserved, but thankfully my numbers returned to normal so the surgery was nixed. It was caused by exxessive alcohol consumption............:dunno:

BURNSURVIVOR725

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Vincennes
    Ive never had my gallbladder removed but ive had 1000's of hours worth of surgery. you are going to be SORE for a while. but ive never had too much trouble with them.

i always see how long i can stay awake when they give me anesthetics, my record is 2:18 seconds. The anesthesiologist yelled at me, i coulda gone longer.

Have you ever been under before? everybody handles it differently. im 6'7" tall and 340 pounds, i look MEAN but im anything but. but something about coming out of anesthetics apparently makes me violent. i never remember anything about it but ive heard the stories of me swinging at the docs and nurses. ive been through St. Joe enough everyone in the OR and Recovery know to stay an arms length from the bed until im completely awake.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    GB removal is pretty easy nowadays. Are they going to do it Laproscopically? I had a 5 Vessel Bypass last June and I'm still not back to my normal self, although I did have to go back in when one of the grafts collapsed and then they tore an artery in my leg doing a catherization. But I'm getting better everyday, I hope! You'll do fine and feel better afterwards. Good luck.... :yesway:

1032JBT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    I have been under the knife plenty of times before too and one piece of advise:

Start taking stool softners a day or two before and strictly take it after the surgery. What nobody told me was the anesthisia slows down your bowels and then you add that to all the pain meds you will be on and that spells trouble for you later. And eat even when you don't feel like it.

I know that's not pleasant..........but trust me, just do it.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I have been under the knife plenty of times before too and one piece of advise:

Start taking stool softners a day or two before and strictly take it after the surgery. What nobody told me was the anesthisia slows down your bowels and then you add that to all the pain meds you will be on and that spells trouble for you later. And eat even when you don't feel like it.

I know that's not pleasant..........but trust me, just do it.

Yep, I knew to do that but I still had issues! The 1st BM after surgery was extremely painful!!! :noway:

1032JBT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    See, it's one of those things nobody wants to talk about...........but I did and I fully recommend anyone going under do it.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    See, it's one of those things nobody wants to talk about...........but I did and I fully recommend anyone going under do it.

See, I've had multiple surgeries and been on pain meds but until I'm on something like morphine for a week straight, my innards keep on the clock.

That's just me, I'm weird though, I've got a twice a day appointment with my secondary "office". My wife before her gall bladder removal would literally only have one "office visit" a week!!:wow: Now she's up to 5-6 a week.....

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Besides the bowel issue the next biggest thing was the pain when the 2 nurses removed my chest tubes. Whenever I've removed CTs from a patient I'd give them some morphine to try to prevent some of the pain. These 2 nurses, actually 1 nurse and a student, came in and said "we're going to remove your chest tubes now" and proceeded to rip off the tape and start yanking the tubes out! Normally I'd pull the CT in one fluid motion but these 2 girls pulled then stopped half way and then pulled the remainder out. I let out a guttural scream and then they were gone! Man that hurt like HELL!!!

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Besides the bowel issue the next biggest thing was the pain when the 2 nurses removed my chest tubes. Whenever I've removed CTs from a patient I'd give them some morphine to try to prevent some of the pain. These 2 nurses, actually 1 nurse and a student, came in and said "we're going to remove your chest tubes now" and proceeded to rip off the tape and start yanking the tubes out! Normally I'd pull the CT in one fluid motion but these 2 girls pulled then stopped half way and then pulled the remainder out. I let out a guttural scream and then they were gone! Man that hurt like HELL!!!

Holy :poop: what hospital was that so I can avoid it if at all possible?!

JHAWK1980

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Indianapolis
    UPDATE:

Well I had the opperation. Now I am in a lot of pain.
    I asked the anesthesiologist if had ever lost anyone before the procedure. His reply "never lost anyone I didn't expect to loose". The first 3 days after surgery was like me and the wife was a new couple ( I didn't have to do anything but sit around the house and my glass of tea was never empty). :D

I thank you all for your support and prayers. My next surgery will be a disc fusion sometime after deer season ;) .

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Glad you made it through the surgery just fine. I had my GB taken out about 5 yrs ago. It took me a coupke of months to be back to normal.
    I was oof work the frist 2 weeks then only 4 hr days for 2 weeks. So after the 4th week I got to go back full time and I can say I was not really ready for it. I should have been off work for 4 weeks at the first then went back for a week part time. My job involved lifting and and a lot of standing and walking.
    Just take it easy and drink lots of fluids and do nothing that you are not supposed to do. Did they do the surgery with the 4or 5 little cuts where they deflate the gall baldder and then take it out around your belly button? Thats how they did mine. I only had 5 little incisions.

Good luck and I hope you have a speedy recovery.

JHAWK1980

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Glad you made it through the surgery just fine. I had my GB taken out about 5 yrs ago. It took me a coupke of months to be back to normal.
    I was oof work the frist 2 weeks then only 4 hr days for 2 weeks. So after the 4th week I got to go back full time and I can say I was not really ready for it. I should have been off work for 4 weeks at the first then went back for a week part time. My job involved lifting and and a lot of standing and walking.
    Just take it easy and drink lots of fluids and do nothing that you are not supposed to do. Did they do the surgery with the 4or 5 little cuts where they deflate the gall baldder and then take it out around your belly button? Thats how they did mine. I only had 5 little incisions.

Good luck and I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Same here. But it feels like they made a half circle around my gut!

Top Bottom