• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Taurus 709 Slim in 9mm, plenty of members on here will attest to it having a nice small size to carry, and you might also consider it's harder hitting cousin that was released recently, the 740 Slim in .40 cal..

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I believe you should pick enough gun then dress accordingly. If you ever have to draw and use it you will be very glad that the correct gun was the choice and not what would fit best in a particular wardrobe. You can comfortably carry a 26 or even the 19. I have a Blackhawk that I can carry my 22,23 or 27 in. It is set up for cross draw on my left side and is canted all the way forward. Riding a bike it hides perfectly under a loose T or sport shirt. Just button a couple buttons and it conceals but is very quick to get to. Driving a vehicle it is also the easiest to get to; on the ankle or right side belt carry has caused me a lot of trouble practicing drawing. Left side cross draw puts it right in the BG's face at your window.
    Opps!! Forgot my earlier posts. The main reason for this one is the importance of picking the right piece. I read something in an Illinois gun rag (God help those poor, sorry b*****ds) that went through the stages of readiness then the drawing to prepare for a fight. Step 8 was something like, "This is the stage where you are very happy or very sad about your choice of pistols to carry, spare magazine(s), if any, caliber and bullet type." So, again, pick the weapon then the dress.

Mark in GA

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2011
    I would go with either the Kahr PM9 9mm or a S&W 640 or 642 in 38 Special. I own these three and one of them is always with me. We have a lot of hot weather here and these can be carried in lightweight clothing. Especially the PM9 and 642.

whoismunky

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Bloomington,IN
    This might sound a little odd, but I carry a G27 as my primary at 1 o'clock and a G22 as my backup in a smartcarry...works very well even with a full-size pistol. (I'm 6' and about 155lbs) I would definitely recommend the smartcarry for what you describe. With very little practice it was easy for me to get a smooth draw out of gym shorts, even with only one hand.
    I only have one complaint with the smartcarry as an EDC, which is that the draw is very "cumbersome" from pants with a fairly tight belt, as you have to actually pull the belt forward with your opposite hand to gain clearance for your gun-hand to slide in, get a full firing grip, and then draw...this problem is almost non-existent when I wear gym shorts. I still love the smartcarry system though, great way to deep, deep conceal a firearm.

Edited to add: If you're intending on buying a whole other gun for these types of situations, I say out of experience it might be worth trying your G19 in one...they give a 60 day trial period in case you want your money back

Last edited:

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Im gonna piggy back here a bit since Im interested as well.

I would like to hear from anyone who has/had a Keltec 380 and now has a a Ruger LC9.

I have 2 Keltecs and I carry depending on what car in. Both have Headly pocket holsters as not to print but the LC9 is interesting.

Anyone now have one and how much bigger is it and is it enough notice? And do you have a nice flat sided pocket holster? I need to take a look at one but before I consider trading them both and replacing with the LC9 Id like to hear some opinions.

Im not open to going any bigger size wise for a pocket gun. If I go bigger it will be a 45.

Thanks to anyone who can help out.

Duster

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    You can buy the band that goes across you stomach and has a built in holster. Would so the shorts issue and widen your firearm choices!

gibby101

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Liberty
    hey bro i just bought a diamond back 9mm its the same size as there 38 but its a 9mm great weapon small and light easy to carry forget you have it some times but i also still carry my sig most days but i recommend the d back great weapon and very accurate for the size also recommend a crossbread super tuck holster for what ever you decide to purchase i love mine cant even feel my sig p250 and cant even tell im packing
    Diamondback Db9c Semi-automatic Small 9mm 2.8" Polymer Blue 6rd Compensated Barr R&M Precision

gibby101

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Liberty
    hey bro i just bought a diamond back 9mm its the same size as there 38 but its a 9mm great weapon small and light easy to carry forget you have it some times but i also still carry my sig most days but i recommend the d back great weapon and very accurate for the size also recommend a crossbread super tuck holster for what ever you decide to purchase i love mine cant even feel my sig p250 and cant even tell im packing
    Diamondback Db9c Semi-automatic Small 9mm 2.8" Polymer Blue 6rd Compensated Barr R&M Precision

there alot cheaper than that one site i put in the post but it had a good pic so i went with that so you could get an idea on the weapon

marshallartist

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I found a reliable Kel-Tec PF9 parkerized model that I carry in the summer months and quite often in the other seasons when I just don't feel like strapping on the G19. I've been tempted a few times to get rid of both and replace them w/ a G26 for year round use but so far I've resisted. The PF9 is so slim and light it's a pleasure to carry.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Kahr CW9. Great trigger, small size, relatively high capacity, fits well in the hand, manageable recoil. While my PF9 is smaller, it has other issues and is not a thoroughly reliable as the Kahr.

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    If I have to wear a smaller pistol concealed ,I like my PA-63 9x18 w/ a IWB .Ive been doing a lot of OWB with my 1911's & S&W 4006 lately as well & havent had a bad encounter yet.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    How is the recoil on the pm9? I know it will obviously be more than a compact 9mm but did it take a lot of practice to control it or is it not that snappy?
    For me, the recoil on the PM9 is far better than the recoil on the P3AT.
    So far, it's not been a problem.
    I haven't had a 200 round range session with the PM9 yet, though.

Top Bottom