• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • inrunner75

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2009
    Madison County
    I'd like to get a neck knife that can also be used as a utility knife. I plan to carry it on backpacking trips to use around camp and for a possible last line of defense in case a grizzly jumps me and pins or breaks an arm so that I can't access my gun. I also want to have it with me on my runs down county roads as a last line of defense against dogs in case one of the brutes makes it past the steel pipe I carry. I've looked at the CS ones, but on their website it says they're like $90 which seems steep for any knife.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    get a esee izula. its by far one of the best neck knives made and you can't beat the no questions asked warranty that they carry. you can literally put it in a vise and smack it with a maul, video tape it and send it in to them and they will give you a new one. good steel with a good heat treat. i have one and beat the **** out of it no problems. you can also get a nice set of micarta grips for it for another 20 bucks or wrap it with para cord.

the only other one i recommend is the bark river necker which is very nice also but much more expensive and not the same warranty but still a damn good knife.

i don't recommend this one as i haven't used it but i have heard decent things about the becker necker

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Hands down is the Izula neck knife. great little knife, not sure about it being the right knife for a Bear. Might want to try a small Kabar for that one but it is not a neck knife. BTW that is how Kabar got its name was by killing a Bar.

The Izula by far is a great neck knife.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Really Joe ....Really :D

I can't swing the RC4 as a neck knife but my izula, is great I use it everyday

I've actually worn and effectively concealed a Kershaw Outcast as a neck knife as a joke, but it's not very comfy! The RC-4 is just about right.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    AG Russell Feather-Lite One Hand knife.

I have been carrying mine for a couple months now. It is very light (1.5 ounces) and yet offers a 3 1/8 inch blade. Made with your choice of VG-10 or AUS-8 in either a drop point or clip point.

fl2-1.jpg

fl4-1.jpg

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    a possible last line of defense in case a grizzly jumps me and pins or breaks an arm so that I can't access my gun.
    Wow, seeing that in writing is interesting, cast with the topic of a neck knife is.............well even more interesting to say the least.

Do you realize how deep you will have to go in a grizzly with a knife to do any damage at all, let alone save your butt with it? Fur, skin, fat, muscle before you hit anything. At a minimum you will need a BK7 and 2 hands on it.

Think guns and mace, not knives and pipes. Maybe a mini bible too.

Top Bottom