1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    April 13-14, 2013 - Zero To Five Feet - Pistol Gunfighting - Rochester, IN

April 27, 2013 - Combat Rifle Marksmanship - Rochester, IN

May 25, 2013 - Combat Pistol Marksmanship - Rochester, IN

July 20-21, 2013 - Close Range Gunfighting - Rochester, IN

September 14-15, 2013 - Rifle Gunfighting - Rochester, IN

That is what is on the schedule so far.There will probably be some additions later, to include a Force on Force class near Indy. For the extreme southern Indiana guys, we have classes in Louisville as well. Please not that the 0-5 ft. Pistol Gunfighting class is the one that was originally to take place in MI. Sale price on 0-5 ft Pistol Gunfighting good until Feb. 9th.

Last edited:

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    I win! You, sir, are my HERO.

I'm not crying, my eyes are just watering a little. Dust, or something.

Signed up.

Last edited:

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    Sent this out to a bunch of training partners who have been talking about taking a first pistol class. The one-day combative pistol marksmanship course is really fantastic at getting the basics under your belt. It's a busy day, but boy do you learn a lot.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    are they all one day classes? which one would you recommend for someones first class?

Most of those are two day classes -- you can see by the way cedartop posted them in the OP. Combat Pistol Marksmanship and Combat Rifle Marksmanship are one day. I'll let Mike handle the recommendations.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'll be there. I'm old and frail, go easy on me.

That's my assessment of you. Puny . . . and weak, like a little girl.

So much so that I think we will need to find just the right training partner for you.

Yeah, good luck with that.

Betty White?

You'd better hope not.

betty-white-flaming-chainsaw-john-ritter-500x691.jpg

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    are they all one day classes? which one would you recommend for someones first class?

Sorry for the delay, I just accidentally erased a looong response.:xmad:

No, as iChoke mentioned, most are two day classes. We have added some one days by popular demand. These would include two currently on my schedule, Combat Pistol Marksmanship and Combat Rifle Marksmanship.Both of these classes would be suitable for relative beginners. As Josh alluded to, these are pretty busy one day classes. Things covered include;

Firearms Safety, as with all fundamentals, this one should follow you throughout your martial journey.

Grip, stance, body position
    Sight picture and sight alignment
    Trigger control, Trigger reset, breathing, and follow through.
    Ready Positions.
    Reloads, both proactive and reactive
    Efficient and consistent draw stoke to include showing how some of the various ready positions are built into the draw.
    Malfunction clearance (reactive manipulations)

These fundamentals will then be built on to show the connection with using your pistol for self defense. To accomplish that we will look at;

After Action Assesments
    Multiple opponents
    Failure to stop solutions
    Balance of speed and accuracy
    Body reactions
    Anatomical targeting
    What is situational awareness

Given my choice during a gunfight, I would prefer to have a good stance, both hands on the gun, and a clear view of my sights. These fundamentals work great under certain circumstances, just ask guys like Jim Cirillo. Unfortunately this is not how things always work out, that is where Close Range Gunfighting comes in. What type of things are covered in CRG?

Fundamentals review
    Sight Continuum (see what you need to see)
    Ready positions to include SUL
    Shooting while moving
    360 degree AAA
    Low light gunfighting introduction
    Pre combat postures
    360 dergree clock drills
    Ambidextrous skills
    One handed reactive manipulations
    Proper use of cover
    Extreme CQB
    and more....

This is an intermediate class best taken by those with solid safety and gunhandling skills and/or previous instruction.

Next up would be 0-5 ft pistol gunfighting. This class prepares you for surviving life in the hole. This class is definitely only for those with previous training. We start with Force on force to introduce students to the realities of close up engagements and where some popular beliefs fall apart. You realize how drawing your gun may not always be your first option. This is done using pistol, knife, club, and H2H threats. We will work on fighting from the clinch, from the ground, against multiple live adversaries, and other high pressure scenarios. This is a physical class, but it will be tailored to individual abilities. We repeat much of this the second day using live fire. (now without the live adversaries)

Feel free to contact me with any questions either in this thread, or via pm.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    You guys almost have me wanting to attend.

If there is sweating or physical exertion involved, I'm reserving the right to wuss-out.

Top Bottom