• Status
    Not open for further replies.

ezdubbin97

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2009
    Lafayette
    Hey all! Found this site while searching about local gun laws and rights etc. I've had a couple of cheap guns for personal protection in my house for years, but as of recent decided it was due time to up the ante a bit and purchase my first "real" gun.

I'm a proud new owner of a Glock 23 .40...though I haven't had the chance to fire it yet. I started by looking into the Taurus PT 24/7 .40, but quickly moved into the decision to purchase a Glock after some side by sides.

As well as purchase the gun, I submitted my paperwork for a LTCH last week...so, hoping for a quick turn around (yeah, I know, dream on ;)) but will be glad to have this in the house, as well as something to have fun with.

So, might be around these parts here and there, wanted to say hello...

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    Sounds like you are off to a good start.

Consider some training as your next purchase.

Welcome to INGO!

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Welcome to the world of guns and the INGo site. You will find a wealth of information and more opinions as to what is the best gun you will ever need to hear. You say you just purchased a Glock??? Oh oh, here we go... :D

Welcome from Fishers... :welcome:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Welcome to the world of guns and the INGo site. You will find a wealth of information and more opinions as to what is the best gun you will ever need to hear. You say you just purchased a Glock??? Oh oh, here we go... :D

Welcome from Fishers... :welcome:
    If it had been MY choice, I'd have taken the Taurus, as a matter of fact I DID!:D :twocents:
    I wish you luck with your new purchase, and welcome to a great site, for entertainment, as well as info.

ezdubbin97

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2009
    Lafayette
    hey thanks for the welcome! It was a tough choice, and I'm sure it won't be my only gun. I do intend on taking a class, 3 part deal about use and safety, laws and rights, and practice at the range. I'm no stranger to firearms by any means, just used my craptastic guns and friends/relatives.
    Our town has had a peak in crime, especially in my neighborhood, and home invasion to boot. One of the reasons I wanted to stake my families life on something more reliable. I would never bash Taurus, think they are a great gun. My father-in-law has one, and my father has several single action Taurus' (he belongs to a SASS in AZ and puts on old west shows in the area, usually plays Doc Holiday).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom