• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mister K

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2014
    Central IN
    I do like the show, the cars are pretty awesome, and yeah it's TV, I just hate all of the fakery. Besides Farmtruck, are any of the other cars actually street legal? It's hard to claim your street racing supremacy when your car shows up on a trailer and the production crew has cameras and lights lighting up the road and surrounding fields like the night race at Daytona. Don't get me wrong, It's a good show and I do like watching hot rod cars with too much horespower motor down the road.

hdjake73

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    morgan county
    They race on the street..That's street racing. You could bring a full boat drag car if you want but you have to be able to put the power down which is the real trick

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I don't watch it all the time, but I binge watched quite a few episodes all in a row a while ago.

I thought it was funny how they make a big deal about trying to get a test and tune run in without getting caught and the girl got a ticket and blah blah blah. Then come race night it's like they might as well be at a legal drag strip. No concern for cops or anything. Like Mister K said, lights and cameras and the whole sha-bang.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    It's cool to watch. But I find it really hard to believe the cops would not be aware of that many loud race cars in one area for the length of time they race. I'd find it all more believable if just one race was busted!

It is entertaining. That's what counts!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You would be surprissed what we have driven on the street.
    Legal.....:dunno:

Plates and registartion.....:yesway:

I grew up street racing. This show is as close to the real deal as I have seen on the tube. The 1st season it was dark and foreboding roads they raced on.
    Now, with the success of the series the production money is there and I am sure they are shutting down roads somewhere to film this. Those cars are actually race cars with plates but I will refer you to the "Hot Rod" power tour. That is the real deal Neal. The 405 tried to run that one year and failed miserably. They were interviewed in Hot Rod and they admitted having a long way to go. I think they are close.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It's cool to watch. But I find it really hard to believe the cops would not be aware of that many loud race cars in one area for the length of time they race. I'd find it all more believable if just one race was busted!

It is entertaining. That's what counts!

We used to do the same thing without the camera crews. I am betting they are on a closed road or circuit somewhere. The lights are for the cameras and Insurance underwriters.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I enjoy the show quite a bit. About the only part I can't stand is the fake tire squeal they put in every race. It sounds like the early 80's Pole Position arcade game!

The cars are amazing though. Reality TV or not.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    We used to do the same thing without the camera crews. I am betting they are on a closed road or circuit somewhere. The lights are for the cameras and Insurance underwriters.

I got a couple speeding tickets and a careless driving ticket to prove my stupidity! LOL It was fun but we paid the price. But nothing on the scale of those boys. There are some really impressive cars on that show!!!!

Work

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Lafayette
    I'm tryin to figure out why Kayla and the other guy didn't get a shot at #10 spot last night after the cuddy broke. Would make sense to have 4 people shoot it out rather than 2.

I enjoy the show a lot. been a part of the street scene here for 10 years or so. nothing to the extent of the show, but it's fun to watch when I cant get out with my own friends here.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm tryin to figure out why Kayla and the other guy didn't get a shot at #10 spot last night after the cuddy broke. Would make sense to have 4 people shoot it out rather than 2.

I enjoy the show a lot. been a part of the street scene here for 10 years or so. nothing to the extent of the show, but it's fun to watch when I cant get out with my own friends here.

I think Boosted and big mouth were in line for #10. That is the call of the race master.
    I am truly amazed that gold mustang has not ended up on it's top or taken someone out yet.

scoutsniper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 93.5%
    29   2   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Connersville
    They talk about not prepping like the strip but always have plenty of vht and burnout lines to hook. There streetracing yes... But there not street cars.. Well most arnt. Farm truck is the only true street car out there.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    They talk about not prepping like the strip but always have plenty of vht and burnout lines to hook. There streetracing yes... But there not street cars.. Well most arnt. Farm truck is the only true street car out there.

When I ran my last street car I had a container full of my own special compound that ran to the tires through an older windshield spray pump. Activated from a switch panel I could get the car up on the line lock and prep my own launch box. It did work very well. It had all the launch electronics and a trans brake.

Farm truck is just crazy.

Top Bottom