• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Been looking for a while. Can’t find these like this.

They are all now rounded edges so you can’t scrape the skillet clean, or are short handles, or are cumbersome looong blades like you’d find on a griddle at steak and shake.

Anybody seen them anywhere?

1726262217725.jpeg

Mij

Permaplinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans

Looks like a bunch of them for sale. Just duck ducked flint stainless USA.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Thanks. Wasnt looking for the EXACT ones because those are actually my wife's late Grandmother's. Just hoping somebody makes new ones in that basic style. (and one I didnt have to buy a whole set)

Ever try to scrape the crisped layer of fried taters off a cast iron skillet with one of those rounded turners? Doesnt work so well.

But at least I have ebay, thanks.

Reactions: Mij

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Thanks. Wasnt looking for the EXACT ones because those are actually my wife's late Grandmother's. Just hoping somebody makes new ones in that basic style. (and one I didnt have to buy a whole set)

Ever try to scrape the crisped layer of fried taters off a cast iron skillet with one of those rounded turners? Doesnt work so well.

I just made blackened tuna for lunch today and used one of the ones you don't want (the long ones like you'd see at Steak 'n Shake). :): Had no trouble scraping the cast iron skillet with it. Just curious why you don't like those? It also works great for taking a pizza out of the oven or lifting it off a pizza pan to cut.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I just made blackened tuna for lunch today and used one of the ones you don't want (the long ones like you'd see at Steak 'n Shake). :): Had no trouble scraping the cast iron skillet with it. Just curious why you don't like those? It also works great for taking a pizza out of the oven or lifting it off a pizza pan to cut.
    I have one of those too, but I prefer the think springy ones like I posted. More control, and if I happen to be running a REALLY hot pan it keeps my hands back from the heat.

Not a fan of what feels like a foot long blade. harder to get into tight spaces.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

Cut an 1/8th of an inch off the end, with a grinder and a cut off wheel.

• Haha
    Reactions: Mij
    Top Bottom