• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scowens

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Anybody got any tricks to storing shot? I don't like the opened bags sitting around - I can remember picking the shot off of the floor when I lived with mom and dad, and remember the fear of clogging up mom's vacuum cleaner, on mom's floor, in mom's basement - get the picture.

Now I've got my own man cave, but still don't want to pick that stuff off of the floor. I'm trying some plastic containers (apple juice, etc) and have a request in for a white bleach container.

What have you used?

Thanks,
    Steve

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    I have a crap-load of the gallon paint cans with the handle and pour spout, it works pretty good. My buddy has a 3 gallon bucket with a bottom feed, you just open the spigot, fill the MEC, and close the spigot. Kinda custom, but really fast, no mess.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    I keep several 2 pound steel coffee cans with the snap on plastic lid for shot storage. They'll store 2, 25 pound bags easily. Yuban and several other coffee manufacturers still use them. They are very solid and make it easy to mix Motor Mica in with the shot. I use it all the time. I bought one of those big plastic salt shakers like McDonald's uses on their french fries to dispense it into the shot in the can. I then mix it up by hand before I pour it into the reloaders. It adds lubricity to the shot, and allows it to pass through the choke with less resistance. That helps when shooting full choke in Trap through an over and under, or any other gun for that matter. 1 Gallon paint cans have too big of a lip on them. It interferes when you pour the shot. Bill T.

Top Bottom