STOLEN Trailer/RV - Please keep an eye out for me!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    UPDATE 10/31/2010 Police found the trailer abandoned in a field in Rushville. The officer said they were probably waiting to put it in the campground which is closed for another week, but the property owner where it was abandoned called it in before they got the chance to put it there. It's in good condition with just weird random stuff stolen (bedding, reynolds wrap, etc) but overall in good condition so we're thrilled! Many thanks to the officer from the Sheriff's department for doing his homework on who owned the trailer even though the SN was removed.

My parents bought a FEMA trailer a few months ago to use as an RV for family trips and such.

This weekend it was stolen out of our business' parking lot in Beech Grove. Somehow they got past the tongue lock and chains in the tires. It's apparent that they blew a tire and dragged it as there are drag marks all over the place heading toward Arlington and Thompson.

It's a 32 foot plain white trailer with "232" written in marker/chalk from the auction company on the front. It's literally plain white. We just spent weeks renovating the inside, and haven't been able to decal it yet.

It's just stuff, and nobody was hurt (at least not us) but it has my mom feeling pretty violated and upset which in turn makes me upset.

On the offchance that any of you run into this please call the police immediately. It has been reported stolen this morning. Thanks :ingo:

stolentrailer1.jpg

stolentrailer2.jpg

Last edited:

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    What did they do with it?

I can't figure out what someone would do with a trailer. It's not exactly something you can part out - there's no motor.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield

I can't figure out what someone would do with a trailer. It's not exactly something you can part out - there's no motor.

I can probably put a real close finger on why.

Someone nabbed it to put on their remote property for either hunting or a weekend getaway.

That trailer will probably never see a legal paved street again and is painted camouflaged in the woods 4 hours after it was taken.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    I can probably put a real close finger on why.

Someone nabbed it to put on their remote property for either hunting or a weekend getaway.

That trailer will probably never see a legal paved street again and is painted camouflaged in the woods 4 hours after it was taken.

I was figuring on it being out in the middle of nowhere in the country somewhere.

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu

Here you go.. sounds like he knows exactly what happened with this stolen trailer.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    This is just such BS. I'm almost to the point where I understand why thieves in the middle east get their appendages cut off when caught.

Best of luck finding it in decent shape. Sorry to hear that some lowlife feels the need to steal your trailer to use as a hunting cabin/meth lab/storage unit.

If I come across anything resembling this, I'll definitely call the police and stay with it until they arrive, I'll also PM you etc..

Rockhound

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    Serial Numbers/VIN?

You might consider who was around watching you renovate it. Likely someone made the observation and waited until you were done and (I assume since you say it was at your business) knew it would be unattended after hours. They also needed a pick up truck, etc. You may be able to put some pieces together and find it, but if you can't, I sure hope you had insurance...

Last edited:

Armed Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I know exactly where it was parked. Your parents business is not that far from my house. I will keep an eye out for it. I would suggest you contact the RV Experience around the corner from the business. It may have needed a wheel or tire, or tongue work.

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    Mine was stolen two years ago, with all my logging gear, the old Land Cruiser inside, logging chains, winches, 4 chain saws, a few hundred feet of good cable, and my XR600.

6 months later we got a call from the cops in Chicago, a mechanic read my phone number off of the frame when he was fixing the wiring for a guy who brought it in, asked the guy to fix the lights and cut the locks off, he had "lost the keys", the padlocks had never been cut, all the gear was inside. The mechanic got a very large reward, we still stop and see him sometimes on the way to Wisconsin.

My cousin had his atv lifted from his truck, right in his driveway a few years ago. Two years later the cops recovered it, the guy who stole it got turned in by his wife when he filed for divorce.

You just never know.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    I know exactly where it was parked. Your parents business is not that far from my house. I will keep an eye out for it. I would suggest you contact the RV Experience around the corner from the business. It may have needed a wheel or tire, or tongue work.

I appreciate it, and that's a good idea. From what we can tell, they had to have dragged it on the rim because there are marks all over the place. I will go talk to that RV place just in case.

Serial Numbers/VIN?

You might consider who was around watching you renovate it. Likely someone made the observation and waited until you were done and (I assume since you say it was at your business) knew it would be unattended after hours. They also needed a pick up truck, etc. You may be able to put some pieces together and find it, but if you can't, I sure hope you had insurance...

I'll have to get the numbers from my parents. We just got it registered in the last 2 weeks, so we have all the paperwork from the BMV.

Fortunately it's just stuff and nobody was hurt, but you just feel violated when things you worked hard to buy get taken just like that.

I slept in that trailer last weekend when we brought it to KY for our family reunion and now it's just gone.

CorvetteTom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Shelbyville

The thieves broke my hitch lock and popped the lock on the front door then towed it to Putnam county and parked it in a rented barn. They lived in it and they were filthy, nasty scumbags. When I got it back their dog had chewed every wooden corner in it. There were several sex toys/lotions in the main bedroom. The cops found several pounds of weed and I even found a bag of seeds in it when I got there to inspect it. It had food rotting in the fridge. No drain hooked up so they filled the toilet completely full! And that was in the short 1.5 months it was gone. I let the insurance company keep it. :n00b:

They were running a theft ring out of it. :xmad:

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    What a bunch of scum. I wonder what they think when they first cross that bright line and know that they're someone too lazy to work hard for what they want, so they have to resort to being a POS thief.

Top Bottom