• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I still need to come check one of these out. Im busy part of the day tomorrow, but if its still going on I might swing by to watch. So what time do these start and when are they usually over?

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    But that's not fun, I wanna win Limited :D Now, if only I could take my competency at steel and transfer it over to USPSA, I'd be on cloud nine!

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    The big difference is that I'm USED to steel...:rolleyes: The instant feedback is nice, but I really need to concentrate harder on USPSA and be less nervous/analytical. In my feeble little mind, when I shoot steel, it's as if it is a job, and something that I'm used to, and I know (or am pretty sure of) what I'm doing. With USPSA so far it's like being in the back seat with a girl for the first time. I know enough to get the job done, but I could still use some practice and pointers... :D

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Needless to say, but I really hate the Texas star. ( I am fairly sure I fired 30+ rounds at that SOB.)

Shoot it top down and it is just plates.

We faced a couple of stars at Area 3 I had two or three extra shots and that was all. I blame the low ports we had to shoot it through though.

The star is a mental challenge mostly.

EatMeerkats

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2008
    The big difference is that I'm USED to steel...:rolleyes: The instant feedback is nice, but I really need to concentrate harder on USPSA and be less nervous/analytical. In my feeble little mind, when I shoot steel, it's as if it is a job, and something that I'm used to, and I know (or am pretty sure of) what I'm doing. With USPSA so far it's like being in the back seat with a girl for the first time. I know enough to get the job done, but I could still use some practice and pointers... :D
    I think the difference is that shooting steel requires little thought, whereas in USPSA it's good to be analytical until the buzzer goes off. The only decision to be made when shooting steel is the order you shoot the targets, but in USPSA you have to figure out the best way to shoot the stage based on your strengths. For example, I did a lot of extra running on one stage at Area 3, and finished it just 4 seconds slower than Dave Sevigny. There is an awful lot of non-shooting stuff to think about in USPSA like reloading, where to shoot on the move, what path to take though the stage, etc.

The instant feedback is irrelevant... if you're listening for the ding, you're not shooting fast enough. Call your shots. :) You are already doing incredibly well in USPSA, from what I can tell.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Agreed Chun-Yu, if I remember to follow the plan I make, I run the stage great.

If I get out of sync, it can add another 15-20 seconds easily for me.

My scores for south-central this week will reflect which stages I ran like the class C shooter I someday can be and which ones I looked like a pure noob.

Top Bottom