Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    SCSA Match Details

WHEN: Third Saturday of each month, year round
    Shooters' Meeting: 9:45 AM
    Match starts immediately following shooters' meeting

RULES: Current USPSA rules in general, SCSA rules for Steel Challenge specific needs. Refer to Match Calendar : SCSA

NOTE: All matches at AtlantaCC are conducted under a COLD RANGE as per USPSA rules. That means all guns must be either holstered (or bagged) at all times, unloaded, hammer down, with no magazine inserted. You may only handle your gun at the direction of the range officer (RO), or in the designated "safe areas." You may not handle any ammunition or loaded magazines in the safe areas! Violation of these or any other safety rules shall result in a match disqualification.

MATCH FEES: $10 for the first category, $5 for each additional category.
    Juniors (17 and younger) and Females $5 per entry.
    Active Military FREE.

CATEGORIES: Limited, Open, Production, Revolver, Carbine (CF pistol caliber), .22 pistol, .22 rifle, GSSF (starts from low-ready), Fun (no time posted in results)

SET-UP: ( Day of the match )
    Starts at 8:00 AM
    Please help if you can!

As of now, you do NOT need to be a member of SCSA (Steel Challenge Shooters Association) to participate in the regular monthly club matches. Once we become sanctioned to hold the Indiana State Steel Match, membership in SCSA will be required for the State Match only.

msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    Anyone else???

This will be round two for the new TS barrel on my 1022. Hope it continues to run like it has so far! (Lilratt will still kick my tail, but my rifle looks sweet)

johnh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2008
    Mooresville, IN
    I will be there, just curious, is there a recommended number of mags or speed loaders to have and average round count, never shot steel before so looking forward to it.

msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    Eric recommends 5 mags/speed loaders minimum (1 per string).

Round count is typically 100-125ish (again minimum) Bring 200 per gun and you should be good to go.

If you do not have 5 mags, we can work with you. It is highly recommended to keep things running smoothly BUT if you are just trying it out, bring what you have and you can pass back an empty and have someone load it for you while you shoot the next string (assuming you have at least 2).

OR depending on what you are shooting someone might be able to loan you some.

What are you shooting? and how many mags do you have?

Come on out and give it a go. Its a lot of fun.

johnh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2008
    Mooresville, IN
    I will either bring my m&p 9 that I have 4 mags for, or Ill bring a 1911 that I have 4 for. I also have a revolver that I want to bring and I have 6-7 speed loaders for. Are holsters and or mag holders needed. Thanks again for all your guys help, you all helped me out with info on idpa and uspsa also.

msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    I will either bring my m&p 9 that I have 4 mags for, or Ill bring a 1911 that I have 4 for. I also have a revolver that I want to bring and I have 6-7 speed loaders for. Are holsters and or mag holders needed. Thanks again for all your guys help, you all helped me out with info on idpa and uspsa also.

Glad to have you, we alll started at some point and people helped us out.

Mag holders are not necessary but you can use them if you have them. There is usually no movement required and even when there is, there is a barrel at each position so you can put mags on the barrels if you need them.
    Holster is optional as well. You could shoot your m&p in "production" from a holster or from "low ready" (gun in hands, arms down at 45degrees) in what is called "GSSF". Same with the other two but the 1911, I believe would put you in "limited" with a holster, and revolver has its own division or either can be used in GSSF.

When you sign in, just let Eric know you are new, he can answer any more specifics and guide you into the appropriate divisions.

See you saturday.

msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    Ah, I see the website has the one (10/5) on the event details and the 10 per on the info tab. I will email Eric and ask him to clarify. We will get it updated.

Knowing Eric he will honor the lower. He is not going to argue over $5.

thanks for pointing that out.

Litlratt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Terre Haute
    Ah, I see the website has the one (10/5) on the event details and the 10 per on the info tab. I will email Eric and ask him to clarify. We will get it updated.

Knowing Eric he will honor the lower. He is not going to argue over $5.

thanks for pointing that out.
    No prob.

I talked with Aron(Coach) and Riley is going to begin honoring the SCSA rule regarding rimfire and/or low ready starts. I believe that Wildcat also honors this rule. It would be nice if ACC would consider it so that the 3 clubs were all on the same page.
    Copied from SCSA rules

RIMFIRE STARTING POSITION
    There will be a flag centered downrange on the ground, approximately 12’ from the
    shooter’s box. The competitor must wait for the command to fire while pointing/aiming
    their gun at the flag.

A flag/clay pigeon/paint should suffice. This would/should eliminate any inconsistencies that ROs have in determining the commonly used 45 degree angle.

G7.

SteelShooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    WYOMING; SOMEDAY...
    On match fees, I changed them to $10 per entry (but with J and F discounts) for 2009 (and 2010...) but for a long time I couldn't get into the ACC website to make the changes. I can now, and changed the verbage in the INFO document, but aparently not the calendar one... Sorry for the disparity. The idea is to raise money for the club (one goal of mine is a matching pair of plate racks --- another story) while keeping the fees reasonable and fair.

So :: the fees are SUPPOSED to be $10 per gun for standard entries, $5 per gun for Juniors and Females, active military free.

However, if I can't figure out how to change the ACC calendar info by Friday night, I will be happy to honor those numbers (as M^2 said).

On low ready --- I talked to Bob P. during June's match about the aim-point idea and ACC will be using that method as well. IFF I can remember to do it . . .

See ya'all Saturday !!!

msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    and the official announcement:
    Steel Shooters ! ! ! ---

The Steel Challenge Match is ON for Saturday the 17th at Atlanta Conservation Club. I WILL POST AN ANNOUNCEMENT ON OUR WEBSITE IF THERE WILL NOT BE A MATCH -- BY FRIDAY AT 10 PM. www.atlantacc.net <http://www.atlantacc.net>

Atlanta Conservation Club is now affiliated with the Steel Challenge Shooters Association (SCSA), the guys who put on the World Speed Shooting Championship in Piru, California.

Saturday's weather :: LOOKS GRIM -- , Mostly cloudy - high temperature about 88º. HUMID...
    Not predicted, but should there be any thunderstorms :: LIGHTNING will delay the match.

NEW POLICY AT ACC: LATE REGISTRATION AT MATCHES WILL NOT BE PERMITTED FOR ANY REASON. MISSING ANY PART OF THE SHOOTER'S MEETING IS CONSIDERED A BREECH OF SAFETY. (DISQUALIFYING YOU FROM THE MATCH) THEREFORE, BE PUNCTUAL.
    THIS TAKES CARE OF ITSELF AT STEEL MATCHES, BECAUSE I HAVE ALWAYS CLOSED SIGN-IN BEFORE STARTING THE SHOOTER SAFETY BRIEFINGS.
    -- PLEASE PARK AT THE TOP OF THE HILL. (IF YOU NEED TO PARK CLOSER, YOU CAN PARK WHEREVER THE GROUND IS FIRM) THANK YOU.

Nominal times:
    8:00 set-up Bring gloves !!
    9:00 to 9:40 sign-in
    9:40 meeting
    10:00 BANG AND CLANG

Stages to be fired:
    ROUNDABOUT
    (Official SCSA)
    SPEED OPTION (Official SCSA)
    5 TO GO (Official SCSA)
    CORNHOLE (One of mine)
    MYSTERY (One of mine)
    (I ADDED A FIFTH STAGE ----- ROUND COUNT = 125 WITH STAGE 5)

Bring 200+ rounds of ammo per entry - - - (Minimum round count = 125 rounds).
    5 (or more) magazines / speed loaders / moon clips HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

GUN OF THE MONTH :: 22PI. ( Just a suggestion . . . you don't have to enter this Category. It is a, "Hey - Let's all shoot our . . . guns this month!!" kind of idea)

DIVISIONS are:
    HOLSTERED ::
    Production; Double action and "Safe action". All GLOCKs, Beretta 92, SIG 229, 226 . . . Springfield XDs (because SCSA is part of USPSA).
    Limited; Single action 1911’s with IRON sights, no compensators.
    Open; Anything goes (semi-automatic).
    Cowboy; for basically whatever Raton Rick wants to bring. (Any SASS handgun division). <}:-})
    Revolver; for all revolvers, IRON sights.
    LOW-READY ::
    Carbine; CF PISTOL calibers, ANY sights NO MAGNUM CALIBERS.
    GSSF; Production guns, but WITHOUT the holster.
    22PO Rimfire Pistol Optic; .22LR, OPTIC sights. Pistol.
    22PI Rimfire Pistol Iron; .22LR, IRON sights. Pistol.
    22RO Rimfire Rifle Optic; .22LR, OPTIC sights. Rifle and Carbine.
    22RI Rimfire Rifle Iron; .22LR, IRON sights. Rifle and Carbine.
    22-6 Rimfire Revolver Iron; .22LR, IRON sights. For 6-shooters.
    22-710 Rimfire Revolver Iron; .22LR, IRON sights. For 7 to 10-shooters.

$10 each gun/entry. $5 for Females and Juniors. Active military FREE.

NOTE ::
    ACC IS A COLD RANGE.
    DO NOT "GUN-UP" IN, OR AT, YOUR CAR --- USE THE SAFE AREAS, PREFERABLY WITH AN R.O., OR JUST WAIT UNTIL THE FIRST STAGE.
    You can load magazines anywhere
    EXCEPT THE SAFE AREAS :: but DO NOT remove your gun from its box or bag until you are on the line, ready to compete. (Or you are at one of the SAFE AREAS, with an R.O. :: For example - if you need to verify function, or clean something.)

Litlratt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Terre Haute
    Great job in getting the scores up so quickly.
    81 guns is quite a turnout.

It appears that only the first four stages were used to calculate the match total.

msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    Great turnout. Enjoyed shooting and tanning with you all.

Good match Litlratt. Im gaining on you... I think 3.75 seconds is as close as I have gotten!

Caleb, same score in two divisions??? Nicely done.

Hope to see you all next month.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom