• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Finance

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Tippecanoe County has a checklist, in addition to the state application.

It says all arrests must be admitted, regardless of outcome.

The state app. asks specifically if you have any convictions.

The question- is this common for counties around the state to have extra application procedures, wanting more information than the state app. requires?

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I've applied in 4 different counties since my first time and I've NEVER seen a list like that. I'd refuse to answer any thing more than the state required form. There is no authority for any one to question you like that.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Tippecanoe County has a checklist, in addition to the state application.

It says all arrests must be admitted, regardless of outcome.

The state app. asks specifically if you have any convictions.

The question- is this common for counties around the state to have extra application procedures, wanting more information than the state app. requires?

I think I would consult an attorney on this. Specifically, if your arrests resulted in dismissed charges, i.e. due to a frivolous lawsuit or wrongful prosecution, it may be that these do not need to be admitted, but that's for someone that you have hired to represent you and your interests andwho has a J.D. sheepskinon the wall to tell you, not me or anyone else on an internet forum.

That said, yeah, it sounds bogus to me.

Blessings,
    B

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    All that is required is the state forms. After you get your LTCH, I would contact the state Attorney Generals office about it.
    Sounds like they are trying to compile some kind of data base.
    IMHO, answer NA and let them prove otherwise, a background check is run and if nothing comes back showing any convictions that's all they need to know. but do be truthful on the state forms.

Electronrider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    White County
    I filled my tippecanoe form out a little over a month ago, and do not recall seeing that. Are you sure it said arrests?

The Lady that works the permits at the tipp. sherrifs office runs your name thru the state database anyways, and submits all the information to the sherrif, so he can either approve the application or dissaprove the application.

When I asked the lady about the fact that Indiana is a shall issue state, and that the sherrif really doesnt have a say so in the matter, she got a slight smile, and didn't really have anything to say about it. She is a nice lady, who was very knowledgeable about the permit process.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Interesting... Sing.Stack.Sig, was this Lafayette City? West Lafayette? Dayton?

I took an elderly neighbor to Carroll County Sheriff's Dept. in the middle of October and there weren't any "extra" pieces..

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Meh, I'd call Google an acquaintance, not a friend :P

I take from this that the application process isn't uniform from place to place - is Tippecanoe in the clear doing this?

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    city of laff.

they both had a fingerprint card and an additonal page. i don't have it right in front of me right now...
    the state form for each did not match.. I think the county has newer forms..

I picked up a county one for my brother in law to get a non res. permit.. ntersting thing.. both county & city claimed we don't issue non res. permts...

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    the local CLEO stll has a say f you have a " valid reason" ..
    indiana did not really change that law..
    we just defined valid reason as defense oof self...

also IIFC the forms say (paraphrased) do this or we won't accept your applcation...

you won't be denied, they just won't let you file...

Top Bottom