• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tyrajam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Fishers
    So I didn't get to hunt until saturday morning, and boy was I ready. I woke up at 3:55, 5 minutes before my alarm went off. Was in my tree well before first light. About 9:00 I saw a something moving along a field edge 100 yards from me. I got ready, and two yearling ran past, followed by a doe. I drew my bow, and right when the doe entered a little clearing I let out a bleat, and she skidded to a stop and looked right at me. Thwack! Arrow went through both lungs and broke off in her off shoulder. First time I have ever seen this, she slowly rolled over onto her back, kicked a little, and was dead withing 30 seconds. Maybe I should always try to hit the off shoulder! Here's a pic of her right under my stand.
    doedown.jpg

trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    Nice job. My buddy got a nice doe at my place Sat. I let a nice 6 pt. walk Sun.(want to let him get a little bigger) and a doe with 2 fawns on her go as well. It wasn't easy but trail cam pics reviewed Sat. nite showed me a nice double drop tine I'm going to try to hold out for. Again congrats. What a nice weekend for hunting!!

Top Bottom