• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    I've got both the Native and the Tenacious. I like them both. But the Tenacious is in my pocket day in and day out. I forget that it's there.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Anybody like the Native S30v? So far I've been inpressed with that steel.

S30v is the bomb! Holds an edge forever! And that native has caught my eye a few times. Thats one nice lookin blade

Take a look at the Native 5. It is about the same size as the original Native but uses S35VN steel and has G-10 handles. The Native 5 is a lot more stout than the original Native but it is also more expensive.

Spyderco Native5

AD Marc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Spyderco delica wave is my EDC. The wave also opens beer. That is winning.

Spyderco makes great knives. Jeff Cooper used to keep a bucket of them near the kitchen table for cutting food because there was nothing better for cutting meat.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    And yet it's but a toy compared to the Manix 2 XL.

A toy? Toy?! I have to concede that the Manix 2 xl looks a bit more substantive (longer and beefer) but we are in the folding knife world, not the fixed blade world. Ok, I am prejudiced...I got a PM2 recently and am still in love with it. :) Lets just say that for practical edc, I would go with a PM2 over a Manix 2 xl due to the PM2's less bulky handle profile (although I have got to love that blade profile on the Manix 2 xl--no tip weakness in that design).

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Would you go with a Tenacious or Endura 4?

I am really digging these two blades.

I've never owned a spyderco, and this would be my EDC blade. I should probably also mention that I absolutely want a plain edge, no serrations at all.

Thanks a bunch,
    T

Sorry to respond so late. I have a spydie Endura 4 and I do not care for the ergonomics of the handle. The thickness of the handle (the spine) is fine, but overall my hand thinks the handle is too long and does not have enough meat on its profile from top to bottom. In fact, I have problems with the knife twisting in my hand as I open it. You might not have this problem with an Endura; it is quite a popular knife so no doubt it works well for many people. This is just my :twocents:.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Take a look at the Native 5. It is about the same size as the original Native but uses S35VN steel and has G-10 handles. The Native 5 is a lot more stout than the original Native but it is also more expensive.

Spyderco Native5

Bingo! S35VN rocks. I've got a couple of Chris Reeve knives in it, and the steel is amazing.

I really like the design of the Native. I've got a pretty old one in 440V (S60V) and it's a really great knife.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom