• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • burt gummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    noblesville
    So I just found out that Springfield has built a Ar15 and I watched some YouTube reviews which were all good my question being that I'm not a "technical" person would I was saving to buy and build a bcm rifle and this was a $2k price tag w the upper and lower, but the Saint is $900 so what is the differences in quality if any in the Springfield vs bcm

maverick18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Clinton County
    I got to fondle one of these on Saturday, and if I wasn't at the gun store to just pick up some minor parts to finish my build, I would have bought the Saint in a heartbeat. Its built almost exactly like the Frankengun that I just completed and I wouldn't change a thing. Four Guns in Lafayette had multiple of them on the shelf for 849.99.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    So I just found out that Springfield has built a Ar15 and I watched some YouTube reviews which were all good my question being that I'm not a "technical" person would I was saving to buy and build a bcm rifle and this was a $2k price tag w the upper and lower, but the Saint is $900 so what is the differences in quality if any in the Springfield vs bcm

I refuse to ask what you sold to get the $2K. Not gunna do it.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    Why buy the saint when you can buy a colt or bcm or DD or another brand that has been around a long time and has a reputation for quality? The saint might be good, but it's new and is entering an already crowded market. Ymmv

jonny4523

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    Most of the parts on the Saint are BCM. They were able to shave some money in the handguard (plastic, non-floating) and charging handle (standard GI I believe). Other than that, I think the rest of it is good to go. I LOVE that it comes with a 1:8 twist barrel as I think it's a great universal twist rate. It also comes with Springfield's nickel teflon trigger, which I'm sure is probably very close if not the same as BCM's PNT trigger. And for ~$850 retail, I think it looks like a great deal.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    My eldest son just bought the first one delivered to Belcher's Gun Shop in Mishawaka. So far he is impressed with the quality of the overall package. He did state that the gun felt more like a $2000 gun than an $800 gun, and that even though it was pretty light, it felt like a tank, it was so tight.

I can't wait to hear how it shoots this weekend. If all goes as expected, Ill have to pick one up too.

burt gummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    noblesville
    Like I said the gun is built pretty good from what I've heard for the price and the parts sound like high quality then why wouldn't I buy this gun and spend the rest on a good optic? Compared to a bcm gun,

FWP9MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    Bluffton
    For what most are going to use it for, there won't be much noticeable difference. If all you have is $2,000 I would advise on the Saint or comparable priced AR, optic, mags and ammo over a high end AR.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Anther vote for a lower priced AR, optics, and ammo. Just don't forget the training. A $2k gun or a $5 gun will not do you any good if you don't know how to accurately shoot it. Do not log hours watching YouTube or playing COD and think you are good to go.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I got my hands on the Saint today.
    I thought the gun had a great feel to it, was built very tight, I loved the sights, weight is excellent, and I love the KeyMod hand guard on the front.
    Trigger was pretty good on it. Polished and coated made it very usable out of the box. Enhanced trigger guard, storage built in the grip, VERY tight, light, non-rattle stock and tube.
    Pretty nice for the bucks.
    I'm guessing at that retail price point that you can cut that cost just by looking around a little bit.
    Besides.... Hitlary is out and ARs, Ammo, Mags, aren't going to be sold at 5 times their worth.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I'll be fair and said for the projected street price of this thing and the BCM options that come with the gun, I would have gotten something like this if I didn't already own ARs

dthm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2016
    Fort Wayne
    You guys think they will ever offer just the lower? I assume if they do, it will be a while, but I would like the lower and do my own thing for the upper.

Top Bottom