• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • choppers

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2009
    I have a springfield armory champion 1911 model PX9242L. It is black with darker brown wood side plates on handle & novak night sights. Does anyone know about what its worth today? I have never shot it and still have everything it came with and the plastic case. I tried to carry it for about 1 week but it was just too heavy after awhile. I am thinking about selling it to a friend so i can buy another gun, but i don't want to price it too high. I tried to find out online its value but they don't even make this model anymore. Any info would be greatly appreciated.:dunno:

choppers

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2009
    I'm sure it would hit something at 10 to 15ft, and if not i'm sure there not just going to stand in front of a .45 to see if the next shot does! By the way you do know the gun was test fired at the factory & if it hit somewhere off the wall they would have looked into it.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I'm sure it would hit something at 10 to 15ft, and if not i'm sure there not just going to stand in front of a .45 to see if the next shot does! By the way you do know the gun was test fired at the factory & if it hit somewhere off the wall they would have looked into it.

i do know they fire the gun at the factory, i just dont know what ammo they use, and im not that trusting.

super38

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    I like the Champions a lot. In fact, I have one park and one in SS. Excellent shooters.

I think they make great carry guns, so much, that it is the gun I carry (usually the SS because this one has the night sights.)

I would never, ever carry a gun that I, myself, have not shot. That's just plain scary. I should tell you. Out of five Srpingers, two of them had sights fly off the first time on the range (notice what I said - on the range, not during a life/death situation.)

This risk you take is just about the same odds of thinking you will never have a criminal act happen towards you or a family member. By carrying concealed, you want a higher percentage of getting out unscathed compared to the opposite.

If you are not prepared to use the gun to the best of its ability with classes, practice and more practice, then your odds deminish quite drastically.

Be safe, carry the biggest caliber you can control while maintaining shot placement and have the mindset, there may be a day that you will have to use and be ready.

Super38

Top Bottom