Sportsmans Warehouse in Ft Wayne just got confusing.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    Just stopped in Sportsman Warehouse in Ft Wayne to get some powder, brass, and some odds n ends. When I got to the checkout, the cashier rang up the powder and a couple other things and went to ring up the brass. She stopped and looked and then said she needed my birth date. Looking confused I gave it to her and the brass rang up. I asked her why she needed my birth date and she said anyone under 21 couldn't buy the brass!!! Still confused I asked her why. Her reply was its political she guessed. So my thought was that anyone could buy powder that is an explosive but not brass? I was also in Tomlinson's is Churubusco 2 days ago and picked up brass there and wasn't asked for my birth date. Anyone know what the deal is?

gassprint1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    Omg, that is hilarious. I'm guna buy stuff to build a bomb undetected but I'll be dammed that the government wants to know I'm making ammo.

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    Somebody who has less than zero understanding of what brass is programming the system. That's all.

Maybe a polite email to corporate pointing out the error of their ways? Or at least explain the logic behind it.
    I'm not sure what is going on. I've heard stories of them wanting to scan DL's to buy ammo at that very store. That had never happened to me as this is the first strange experience I have ever had there. It's almost like the powers that be has some sick since of humor and want to make their costumers jump thru strange hoops at times.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    I'm not sure what is going on. I've heard stories of them wanting to scan DL's to buy ammo at that very store. That had never happened to me as this is the first strange experience I have ever had there. It's almost like the powers that be has some sick since of humor and want to make their costumers jump thru strange hoops at times.
    That's enough for me to not bother visiting their store.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Picking up range brass could become a felony! Pretty sure I saw Trump do that once.
    Can't remember that rule except during a match so the match is not slowed down. One range I shoot matches is "lost brass" during the match but with a period after the match to pick up brass. I never have to pick up brass, I just pick up my moon clips. Jim.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I only get certain things there. I've had numerous occassions where I've overheard people behind the gun counter making up things on the fly. Actual gun knowledge is clearly NOT a requirement.

The dumbest thing I heard was an associate tell a customer that the AR he was looking at would only shoot "223 Wylde" ammo. :facepalm:

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    I only get certain things there. I've had numerous occassions where I've overheard people behind the gun counter making up things on the fly. Actual gun knowledge is clearly NOT a requirement.

The dumbest thing I heard was an associate tell a customer that the AR he was looking at would only shoot ". :facepalm:
    223 Wylde" ammo? hmmmmm. I alwys use 223 mag without any problems in mine. lol Length is always better than girth! At least thats what she said. LMAO.

Top Bottom