• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MickeyBlueEyes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    BFE, Indiana
    I had a wash out for an event last week with my place of work and my friends in general. Apparently it was too cold.

I want to know how many people would be interested in a shooting event in the Madison County area? I supply the shooting range, you supply your targets and ammo.

I was footing the bill for a long bit of these things. I'm done doing silly stuff like that. I stiill have some bonfire wood left over and we could be warm in the evening. I used to take out a night patrol package with full battle rattle and had some fun with those.

Late Spring, Before the mud sets in and the field gets planted. Late april, early may 2012.

I have liability waivers for my insurance that need to be signed.

Shoot me a list of interested parties, and I can start making the official plans.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I'd come down for NWI if you'd be willing to do a sat/sun or a fri night/sat/sun? Something worth the drive. I know some people have done camp outs with shooting the next day etc. definitely keep me on the possible list for next spring.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I'd come down for NWI if you'd be willing to do a sat/sun or a fri night/sat/sun? Something worth the drive. I know some people have done camp outs with shooting the next day etc. definitely keep me on the possible list for next spring.

Depending on the day a +1 here.

We can carpool as well if we are picked to go.

MickeyBlueEyes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    BFE, Indiana
    Well, in reference to USMC_0311, I used to host an event at my old place of residence. Targets, Clay Pigeons and whatever my backstop can handle. My Backstop is 10 feet high, 12 feet wide and has dirt berms to the left and right of the backstop and behind. I have an archery target holder and I also have a clay pigeon thrower. We used to camp out in the side yard, but we can do the camping in the back yard now. The range is 110 yards long to the shooting table. Like I said, the liability waivers are for my insurance and for my protection as a landowner.

The event that washed out was for my brother marines that I know personally and then the latter part of the week was for my coworkers. Only one friend showed up. Seems that ammo costs make this a prohibitive factor in participation. I used to burn through 1000 rds of 9mm and 4 cases of shotshell every event. We bought a pallet of clay pigeons and ran out of pigeons in a year. That was from hosting it every other weekend for a summer. Now that the 9mm is $23 a box of a hundred at wally world, and the shotshell is $60 a case for the cheap stuff, I understand. I like hosting this to have a get together and just letting people get to know their weapons without any range pressures. Safe weapons handling is always required, but there is a whole weekend and nobody is fighting for range time like a public range.

Last edited:

MickeyBlueEyes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    BFE, Indiana
    What he asked. The original message is . . . vague.
    Kind of like going to a DNR Range without the Big Brother element of being at a public range. I figure, we can shoot all day, somebody can volunteer to be a Range Safety Officer and make sure everybody is on paper, then we can sit around the fire and camp out in my back yard, behind the orchard. Then, wake up on Sunday and do it all again.

Shooting whatever you'd like to shoot, whenever you want and how ever you feel the need to. DOn't shoot people, don't shoot my neighbors houses, don't shoot thier pets, horses and such and it should be fun.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Kind of like going to a DNR Range without the Big Brother element of being at a public range. I figure, we can shoot all day, somebody can volunteer to be a Range Safety Officer and make sure everybody is on paper, then we can sit around the fire and camp out in my back yard, behind the orchard. Then, wake up on Sunday and do it all again.

Shooting whatever you'd like to shoot, whenever you want and how ever you feel the need to. DOn't shoot people, don't shoot my neighbors houses, don't shoot thier pets, horses and such and it should be fun.

Thanks! Sounds like a fun time!

MickeyBlueEyes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    BFE, Indiana
    May 26th and May 27th, 2012. PM me when the time gets close with your Snail Mail Address and I will send you my business card and a liability waiver. These are the dates, unless something comes along to derail it.

Seeing as Knob creek washed out already for the spring, I would like to have a pretty good showing. If you want to do private sales while there, feel free.

Top Bottom