• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paul1968mcr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Carmel
    Is it just a new upper required to turn an AR into a south paw?

Is it that much of a problem shooting a RH model, left handed??

Looking at buying an M4.....Panther or Stag offer LH models (for a price) just wondered if I could convert it back it RH if I ever wanted to sell it.

Thx in avance guys.

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    I shoot left handed-back when I was in the military there was no such thing as "left handed" AR's. I have never had a problem shooting any AR left handed-its just not an issue.

The brass ejects far enough without any worry-my current AR setup doesnt even have a shell defelector, still no issues!

paul1968mcr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Carmel
    Thanks mate!

Thats exactly what the ex military guys at work said.

That kinda gives me a few more options for a sub $1000 M4.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Thanks mate!

Thats exactly what the ex military guys at work said.

That kinda gives me a few more options for a sub $1000 M4.

Build one.
    The upper receiver is a small cost of the project. You would also need a left hand bolt I believe.
    There are many companies that make ambidextrous controls. Why not make the AR be as comfortable for you as you can?

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Rainier Arms, LLC™ | Browse | Receivers - Upper | Upper: CMT / STAG Upper Reciver Combo - LEFTY

Upper: CMT / STAG Upper Reciver Combo - LEFTY

Click to zoom!List Price:$399.95Your Price:$379.95You Save:$20.00
    Product Information

Description
    Build your own left handed custom upper. These award winning uppers by STAG Arms is extremely high quality. It has white laser engraved t-markings on top rail and come with forward assist and trap door already installed. A left handed bolt carrier assembly and charging handle is included to finish off your build. Just add your barrel assembly to complete.

Combo Includes:
    • CMT / STAG Left Handed Upper
    • Left Handed Bolt Carrier Assembly
    • Charging Handle
    Must be used with a barrel with an Ambi-Extension

indycruzr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Indy Westside
    I have a complete STAG LH model and enjoy it greatly. I'm left handed as well as left eye dominant and have shot both RH and LH. Converting a LH to a RH would not be worth it IMHO. Go with what you need. If LH then get a LH and enjoy not breathing all the fumes from a RH model and/or the distraction of the brass flying across your field of view. Again, just MHO.

sptland

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Howe, IN
    Go ahead and buy the left handed version -- then when you want to sell it -- post it here!!! Lol!! Don't worry about converting it back to RH -- There is definitely a demand for left handed firearms - Yes I'm left handed and I like to buy NICE used stuff - but it's not always easy to find!!

jmb79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Wyoming
    I shoot long guns left handed and all of my ARs are standard models. I don't want to go through thousands of repetitions building my skill sets on an AR that is different than 99.99% of the ARs made. I want to be able to pick up any AR and be able to operate it without having to think through standard operations that I could perform without thinking about on a standard weapon (i.e., malfunction clearances, safety on/off, magazine release, etc.).

sig-sweet

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm left handed, my AR, well, all my rifles are RH, no problem. In qualifying I've had to shoot from either side. It's a good trait to aquire, but I have to admit I've had some pretty good range officers teaching me. I've wittnessed guys shooting off hand with a 870 shotgun into a car (@15 yds)to hit a balloon and they have missed it.
    Thats when you break out the saddle and crop!! Time to go riding......

The biggest complaint I get is my brass flying onto the guy next to me, they just don't expect it from that side.....sometimes it fun being a lefty
    I agree though, get the lefty.... righties think they're neat too

Top Bottom