• ...and so much more!
  • sv40sw45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    South Indiana
    "It's going to be neck 'n' neck between Jared and my self"

Win, lose, or draw... the stress of our little contest is great training, trying to keep up and compete with Max is quite the task!! Not to mention Mike and Bill on top of that!!

I think the saying "you can't miss fast enough to win" is going to ring true for me.

:dunno:
    Hell yes !!! I demand a rematch:xmad:!!!! Silver Creek this sunday.:draw:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    his check got here before yours did ;)

i will do a complete check when I get home around 9pm tonight, but Production and Open got entered Sunday evening, so they should be good.

Craigh

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Columbus
    Well Max,

Youth and exuberance won over old age and treachery... this time. The rematch in Limited will be fun to watch.

I need a lot more practice before the next time you guys come and play in Single Stack again.

It was a fun day. Let’s hope for good weather in Nov.

Looks like we've got perfect weather for this week’s dozer work at the range. Everyone, stay tuned for continued improvements at SCGC.

Thanks,

Craig

PTRDRGN

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Hell yes !!! I demand a rematch:xmad:!!!! Silver Creek this sunday.:draw:

I don't know max... now that I see I squeaked out the win I don't think I want a rematch!! HAHA I can't beat you twice. Who am I kidding, that was damn good fun, we'll try it again on Sunday. :rockwoot:

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    Well,
    I shoot a 74.8 percent classifier and then screw everything else up?I think I'm doing this wrong:xmad:

Great match with good people and challenging stages , what else could a guy ask for?

Thanks for the quick scores JT

You should get the welcome to b class just in time for state. Good Job! You are supposed to tank classifieds. I've been doing it all summer

mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    Well,
    I shoot a 74.8 percent classifier and then screw everything else up?I think I'm doing this wrong:xmad:
    On classifiers its hero or zero. You got the hero part this time..
    Good Job JEFF! At least you had 1 good stage
    I shot it farely well but thank god it wont change anything for me. I would have had to shoot it under 4 seconds.
    Been shooting this game for 4 years now. when I come up to shoot a classifier everything that can go wrong does. Ill move up when all my skills are ready to go with me!
    Good

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    I shot it farely well but thank god it wont change anything for me. I would have had to shoot it under 4 seconds.
    Been shooting this game for 4 years now. when I come up to shoot a classifier everything that can go wrong does. Ill move up when all my skills are ready to go with me!
    Good

Hell I ended up 4th in SS ...I'm not sure how that happened
    With 5 mikes on one stage I figured I was dead last for sure

mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    I was going through the stages on my way home Sunday and I realize that on the last stage I was looking at my hits on #3 and #4 target. I dont remember doing it anywhere else. But I do remember before we shot that stage rhino was talking about doing the same thing.

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Good

I was hero or zero on classifiers for a long time and would most of the time tank them.
    I was stuck in C Class Limited 10 long enough that I had Dave Ball write to USPSA HQ to bump me, that is how bad I was at shooting classifiers.

When I switched to limited my goal was to make Master, and I went B Class right away and stayed there, and would tank classifiers, I moved to A Class only because of my finishes at Area matches.

I would always end up screwing a classifier up, and it was all mental. I would be standing there thinking "better not screw this up", I was thinking "screw up"
    Then I read someplace to just shoot a classifier like it is just another stage in the match. And I started doing that, I would not even think of it as a classifier. Then I went and shoot a 99, 93, and some high 80's.

I want to make master in open, went to North Porter County this year, and went to the special classifier and all I kept thinking was "classifier", "dont screw up"
    well guess what, 49,59,6833,53 and a 62 is what I got.

my advice, stop thinking about it as a classifier, shoot it like any other stage. Don't go into one thinking "got to make A, got to make B" do you do that when you go up to any other stage? "Got to shoot it like an A Class shooter"

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I was going through the stages on my way home Sunday and I realize that on the last stage I was looking at my hits on #3 and #4 target. I dont remember doing it anywhere else. But I do remember before we shot that stage rhino was talking about doing the same thing.

I didn't do it all day, but I know I did it on the classifier. I was able to stop doing it for a while back in the 1990s. This is why I usually do better in IDPA matches (by comparison) when they put tshirts over the targets. You can't see the hits, so you don't look for them.

sv40sw45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    South Indiana
    I don't know max... now that I see I squeaked out the win I don't think I want a rematch!! HAHA I can't beat you twice. Who am I kidding, that was damn good fun, we'll try it again on Sunday. :rockwoot:

I told you who ever got the most points would win. We keep pushing each other you will only get better. Looking forward to sunday.

Top Bottom