Sorry No Pictures, We All Know What They Look Like....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    A lot of sellers/traders are all about the least amount of effort possible to get the sale. They always have lots and lots of excuses.

mayor al

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    Floyd/Harrison Count
    I post photos, usually more than one of firearms I am selling on-line. I don't normally investigate a listing that doesn't have a photo or two in it...unless I am looking for that particular model gun and the listing offers to send email photos.
    AL

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    I always like to look at a pic because I don't have to try to visualize what it is that's for sale BUT I assume that a NIB Glock should be exactly what I would see at a shop. I know the letter of the law says if it's been purchased that it's used but to me NIB is just that, and doesn't really require a pic.
    The fact of the matter is that something with a pic will most likely draw more attention and sell faster but to require a pic seems silly to me.
    As stated earlier everything is still up for inspection at the time of purchase.
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1911 Mechanic[/FONT]

JB357Mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Yea!
    No pic, no look!

If you cant take a few min to post a pic then you can stick
    your gun up your, well you know.

Try that on Gunbroker, see how well it works.

:postpics:

Jimmy

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    I totally get a Glock is a Glock, an AR is an AR... yadda yadda.

That's not the point.

The moment you post something FOR SALE on a publicly available website...
    You become your own salesman. So why in the world wouldn't you do what you can to help sell it?
    As others have said... it takes literally 2 minutes to upload a photo (I use Imageshack.us in less than a minute).

On the other end of the argument, firearms are a touchy subject in that one saying "it's in good condition"
    could mean it functions well but is all beat to he11 to the buyer that meets up and now wasted his time.

There's plenty of nagging on this site about petty stuff, but I think a photo should be required for FIREARM sales.

It's just upholding a higher standard to others when browsing through classifieds and being able to see a picture of the actual item.

/rant.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I bought a car off ebay and it had tons of pictures. That being said I could have still EASILY been screwed over! I lucked out a bit and it was a great deal, however buying something you have never held/touched/drove includes a certain amount of risk. The less I know about something, the less I am willing to pay. unless it is NIB/unfired I will insist on a picture. that's the only way I would CONSIDER buying something sight unseen.

philbert001

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    Allen County
    I'm not likely to drive halfway across the state for something I haven't seen pictures of. Plus, posting pics is an easy way for your potential buyers to confirm that you actually have what you say you have!

There are plenty of people here with 51 posts, that probably think their SKS is an AK!

I'd drive to Evansville for a $500 AK. I would be pissed if I drove to Evansville for a $500 AK, Just to find a $500 SKS!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm not likely to drive halfway across the state for something I haven't seen pictures of. Plus, posting pics is an easy way for your potential buyers to confirm that you actually have what you say you have!

There are plenty of people here with 51 posts, that probably think their SKS is an AK!

I'd drive to Evansville for a $500 AK. I would be pissed if I drove to Evansville for a $500 AK, Just to find a $500 SKS!

When I'm selling something this is often the conversation I have with a buyer that hasn't given me a firm "I'll take it." Prior to leaving, I verify that this isn't shopping. As long as the item is as advertised (always with pics,) the buyer is coming with correct cash to buy.

Top Bottom