Sorry No Pictures, We All Know What They Look Like....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Nope. When I say I am buying/selling guns it is really dad buying/selling them. I'm the middleman. No offense taken, many mods and LEO have asked the same thing.

Again no offense. Are you a bit more up front about what is going on in your classified adds than you have been in this thread, until questioned?

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    Again no offense. Are you a bit more up front about what is going on in your classified adds than you have been in this thread, until questioned?

It depends on the item. Guns sometimes, accessories no. No one has ever cared. If someone asks then yeah but like I said usually the guy I'm (dad) is buying/selling from chuckles and tells a story about how they wish they had a dad like mine growing up and everything is ok. At the end of the day, the guns aren't mine, and I'm not the one handling money so technically I don't buy and sell anything.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    you have to remember, that people interested in your gun probably already know what it looks like, whether it has a safety, how many rounds it holds, and other specifics.
    That (IMHO) is not the purpose of the picture.
    We want to know what the overall condition of the gun is.
    Are there scratches (especially an idiot mark on a 1911)?
    Holster wear?
    Aftermarket parts?

I once traded for a 1911 with a faint idiot mark solely because I thought I could buff the scratches out.
    I did BTW and am very happy with the gun.

Almost as bad as no pic is a fuzzy out of focus cell phone pic at like 50 pixels per inch resolution.

I will check out a firearm with no pics and may even make an offer on it, but I will be far less trusting of the seller than if he had posted the pic in the first place.

If I need to state any additional info I do.
    I suppose I sell quick because I don't ask stupid prices:D

Bob

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Ever heard the term "pig in a poke"? I won't buy one... Especially if it meant driving an hour or two before even seeing it in person.

You didn't read my post about PMing me. I always try to call and talk to whomever I'm buying/ selling from. I've NEVER disappointed as either the seller or the buyer. Again, I sell items for realistic prices so maybe that's the difference.:dunno:

Bob

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    A Glock is a Glock is a Glockor Sig226, AR, .45 etc
    Why post a pic of one?
    Everything I've sold here over the years had no pics and they sold quickly.
    If it's an unusual piece I understand but most know what things look like and if not then ask for a pic to be posted via PM.
    :twocents:

Bob

Why test drive a car then? They're all the same. :dunno:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I have also been amazed at how lazy some sellers are in the classifieds. INGO has made freely available to us all a wonderful buying and selling area where if you have a reasonably priced or desirable item that is described well it will sell eventually. Sellers unwilling to take pictures or respond to potential buyers questions are more often than not a clue NOT to buy from that person because something else might not be as described. Not always but why chance it?
    If a seller is too lazy to create an informative and quality ad then why should he get my notice or cash? Ill pass on to the next good deal that's surely to pop up in a day or two.
    It's not just individuals but some businesses have the selling capacity of a honey badger.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    It depends on the item. Guns sometimes, accessories no. No one has ever cared. If someone asks then yeah but like I said usually the guy I'm (dad) is buying/selling from chuckles and tells a story about how they wish they had a dad like mine growing up and everything is ok. At the end of the day, the guns aren't mine, and I'm not the one handling money so technically I don't buy and sell anything.

I certainly wish you well young man, you and your father both.
    FYI - I would be very concerned if I was surprised with this kind of information at a meet.

cmamath13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Greenwood
    I know that I am :horse:, but post a picture of the item/s you are selling in the classified section. I realize that some guns all look the same and that there will be inspection at the time of purchase, but I think many of us would still like to see pictures posted. Heck, I ALWAYS like to see pictures of guns. Even if I may not want to purchase, I still want to see it. :D

Ok, I will get off my :soapbox:.

evsnova74

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Near-east Indy
    I'm not one to prescribe what people should do in their own ads, and this is probably impossible, but I wish there was a little icon on the page next to each ad that says whether it has a pic or not.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    I'm not one to prescribe what people should do in their own ads, and this is probably impossible, but I wish there was a little icon on the page next to each ad that says whether it has a pic or not.

There should be a check box when posting the classified ad to say pic or no pic included. Also, the column that shows the
    camera_icon.gif
    icon should be sortable, thereby bringing all the ads with pics attached to the front for the browser.

If you don't have a camera, at least look up the product photo on the web and post it in your ad saying its just a representation. Remove as many 'to do' things for the viewer of your ad as possible to keep a members eyes on your ad.

:twocents:

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    203   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I wish the classifieds were easily searchable.
    Such as armslist is, you can search by pistol, rifle, caliber, for sale or items just for trade, etc. I have been looking for specific firearms before, such as a Daniel Defense AR, you can look at all manufacturers and search all the listings for Daniel Defense. Just my :twocents: of course.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I wouldn't drive that far for any Mosin unless it was a collectable. I wouldn't drive that far for any gun really. I do know what you're saying though. But I just don't think it should be a rule to always have pics in an ad.

Exactly !!! For all the Naysayers, Do Not Buy, it just means more available firearms for the rest of us. A photo means little in the reality of a physical inspection. I've bought firearms with & without photos but always with a FTF physical inspection :yesway:

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Personally I would like to see a "no pix, no post" rule in the classifieds.

This. If you're too lazy to post at least one pic, or can't figure out how to do it, what does that tell us about your diligence in caring for the firearm that you're now trying to sell us in the Classifieds for $200 more than it's worth????

Top Bottom