Sorry No Pictures, We All Know What They Look Like....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    I dont post pics of accessories with guns or accessories seperately. If I sold my Taurus i probably wouldnt take a picture of the bushing tool. There is a time and a place for pictures and a time and place for no pictures.

I will take pics of all firearms. I mean my buyer is going to be trusting his life with that weapon so I want him to know exactly what he is getting and in what shape. if there is significant wear I take a pic of that as well. A bushing tool, a packet of lube, any paperwork i deem no pics necessary

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm with the folks that want to see a picture. If it's too much trouble to post pics of items, where it matters to verify condition, then I don't really care to deal with you.

That said, the market dictates. If sellers continue to "get away with" sales without posting pics, there is nothing to be done.

It's the same as with gougers. Without those who will pay, there would be none. The only thing that can be done is discuss what is causing the "problem" and advise those who might fuel it.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    A Glock is a Glock is a Glockor Sig226, AR, .45 etc
    Why post a pic of one?
    Everything I've sold here over the years had no pics and they sold quickly.
    If it's an unusual piece I understand but most know what things look like and if not then ask for a pic to be posted via PM.
    :twocents:

Bob

I picture is relevant to the condition of the gun. Personally, I won't respond to adds without images.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I don't need to see a picture of a used firearm that I can buy NIB for less. If you are dying to pay over a grand for a SIG TacOps, PM me, I'll sell ya mine and go to Blythe's and buy another new one for $850...

Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding. See how easy it is folks! Anotha Winna! Step right up, try your luck!:rockwoot::rockwoot:

dboz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Greenwood
    In general, I like to see pictures of what is for sale. If it is a Glock, well just give me the model number, I can pretty much figure it out from there.

But if it is a 1911, pictures are a must. There are so many variations, I have to see a picture to know what is for sale.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    Originally Posted by flatlander
    Why post a pic of one?
    Everything I've sold here over the years had no pics and they sold quickly.
    If it's an unusual piece I understand but most know what things look like and if not then ask for a pic to be posted via PM.
    :twocents:

Bob
    you have to remember, that people interested in your gun probably already know what it looks like, whether it has a safety, how many rounds it holds, and other specifics.
    That (IMHO) is not the purpose of the picture.
    We want to know what the overall condition of the gun is.
    Are there scratches (especially an idiot mark on a 1911)?
    Holster wear?
    Aftermarket parts?

I once traded for a 1911 with a faint idiot mark solely because I thought I could buff the scratches out.
    I did BTW and am very happy with the gun.

Almost as bad as no pic is a fuzzy out of focus cell phone pic at like 50 pixels per inch resolution.

I will check out a firearm with no pics and may even make an offer on it, but I will be far less trusting of the seller than if he had posted the pic in the first place.

XDLover

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Delaware County
    Ah. The monthly "you need to..." Thread.
    Like others have said we know what they are so if that interested I'm going to inspect in person anyway.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    Like others have said we know what they are so if that interested I'm going to inspect in person anyway.

^ this. Me and dad don't go buying used unless it really is worth it. Gas is not a problem since we don't go halfway across the state to look at guns. We aren't afraid to walk away from a deal.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF

After you spend 1 to 2 hours driving to meet the seller, and then find it's not in such great shape, methinks you will be perturbed at the cost in time and gas.

OTOH I have been in the market before where the picture looked nice, but the gun had internal issues.

Six of one, half-dozen of the other...

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Why post a pic of one?

Even Glocks come in different grip types, different sight styles, etc. Not everyone instantly knows what a Gen 2 vs a Gen 4 looks like.

Sig P226? There are *25* styles in CURRENT production. I've messaged a few folks who just listed a "Sig P220" or "Sig P226" with no picture and don't say what type it is and pointed out that they may want to put some detail and a pic up.

ARs? Just saying "I have an AR" is like saying "I have a Lego set".

Personally, I'd also say list the caliber. Not everyone knows what a Model 29 is, and sometimes a firearm that is commonly known has lesser known variations in other calibers. Colt Detective's Special, for example, is a well known .38 special, but there are also .32 and .38 "New Police" (essentially a .38 S&W) models out there.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    Don't sell anything until you buy a camera?
    You don't have a phone with a camera?

Why would you buy a $50 camera to sell something that will sell without pics? I sure do have a camera on my phone, but no way to get pics online with it without texting them to someone else so they can upload them for me.

Anyone who has dealt with me has been more than pleased with the descriptions of the items I'm selling. I will tell you about every little scratch or blemish. I do not think it is necessary to make a "no pics no ad" rule.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    Also, if someone was to hide marks or something on a gun how hard is it to just go on another website and find pictures of a better looking gun? Then you're back to square one.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    Exactly! The problem is not the seller, it's the buyer.
    The seller can be as lazy as the market will allow.

Well that's not what I meant. If you can sell a gun any day of the week with no pictures and it sells what is the point of posting pictures? What would be the point of buying a camera just to sell a gun? Nothing about being lazy, just what people prefer. Some prefer pics and others do not care. I just make sure to inspect well before making the deal either way.

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    Well that's not what I meant. If you can sell a gun any day of the week with no pictures and it sells what is the point of posting pictures? What would be the point of buying a camera just to sell a gun? Nothing about being lazy, just what people prefer. Some prefer pics and others do not care. I just make sure to inspect well before making the deal either way.
    How would you feel if you drove an hour or two to buy a Mosin that you hadn't seen a picture of and upon arrival you find out it's not as described?. I'm not picking on you but I have been selling on Gunbroker and Ebay for almost 9 years and from my experience PICTURES DO HELP.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom