• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    Scary stuff. I am paranoid of something like that happening to me. I am a safety nazi when it comes to guns in my house, but it only takes one screw up (i didnt think it was loaded, let me decock this real quick, safety is on, etc). this has happened to reputable trainers, it can happen to anyone. glad noone was hurt.

Word. Thanks man. :ingo:

TheBigTim

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Does anyone know if you would be required to call the police and report this incident? Or not because you found the bullet. Just curious. Scary stuff! Glad no one was hurt.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Well, fast forward a few minutes later. He takes the gun back from me, inserts the mag, cocks it and proceeds to show me how to DECOCK the 1911. :n00b:
    He slowly places his finger on the hammer and pulls it back, THEN with his finger on the trigger, he pulls it. BOOM! What was he thinking!? Trying to put a SAO gun into a DA mode?!

Same thing happened to a friend of mine a few weeks ago, a 1911 newbie put a hole though my friends refrigerator. Basically the same story except he had the hammer pinched between his thumb and index finger trying to lower the hammer, and it slipped.

If you're going to buy a 1911... PLEASE learn how to use it!! And how NOT to use it!!

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Glad nobody was hurt. It looks like a Fed Hydra Shock and the reason it didn't open up is b/c it is designed to expand when it contacts soft tissue. It will go through dry wall and plywood but open up in water, flesh, ballistic gel, etc. Yep, don't play with loaded EDCs. :twocents:

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    First, glad no one was hurt, and hopefully he learned him a good lesson and is signing up for some safety courses as we type.

Sweeeet idea. :yesway: Maybe put it on a chain and let him wear it as a necklace for eternity.

We have the necklace of shame here at work. We work on these extremely heavy units here at work, and they go in the cradles that are able to be flipped over so you can work on the bottoms of them. Anytime someone forgets to bolt the unit down and it drops out as they flip it, the necklace of shame gets passed on to them.

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    Friends with this mentality won't last long. Darwinism at it's finest

Seriously? C'mon guys, he's a new gun owner. I admit, he should learn his weapons manual of arms but to say he's an idiot is a little abrasive. He's learned his lesson, nobody was hurt and TRUST me, he'll be paranoid the rest of his life. This just beat the safety aspect of gun ownership right INTO him. Sometimes, it's easier to see the bad through the good, but other times...the good, it's right in front of you.

The guy isn't a moron by any means. He's in IT, and sort of a sharp cookie. Just lacks a little common sense is all...:laugh:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    That's nice, Plink... but seeing your avatar is enough "thanks"... It reminds me of my favorite Kermit gif;

PjIdi.gif

:D

Top Bottom