• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RAnderson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    [FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Rabbit Hole[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]by Don Cooper[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]by Don Cooper[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Recently by Don Cooper: NASA: A Third-World Agency[/FONT]
    [/FONT]

lg.php

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Will everyone please rise for the playing of the national anthem of the Unites States of America:[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]One pill makes you larger and one pill makes you small, and the ones that mother gives you don’t do anything at all. Go ask Alice, when she’s 10 feet tall…[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]As Morpheus said to Neo: “we live in an imaginary state.” A state in which people have been indoctrinated to such a degree that they are no longer able to discern reality from make believe. A culture that is so socially numb and easily pliable that words like “misspoke” and “misstated” have replaced the word “lied”; a culture where a person can be asked a yes or no question and speak for 5 minutes and never answer the question and yet everyone believes that somehow he did; a culture where a black person can’t be referred to as black; a 5'0" 100-lb woman can’t be referred to as smaller and weaker than a 6'6" 250-lb man; a culture where the wife of a president is considered able to lead a nation for no reason other than she was the wife of a president and ignoring that her [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXbtwq8atkw"]version of a story[/ame] is given more credence than actual video footage; a culture where one can be sued if they don’t hire someone even if they are unqualified for the job; a culture where people can be arrested, booked and thrown in jail for driving a car and feel as though somehow they deserve it.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]There is an entire generation or two of people that are so anesthetized that they condone the invasion and destruction of sovereign third-world countries that couldn’t possibly pose a threat to our national security whatsoever and the killing of innocent men, women, children in the process: Afghanistan, Iraq and Pakistan and yet practically bring the country to a standstill for the death of 13 U.S. soldiers in Texas. When did we go to war with Pakistan?[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]We are a society of people who have gone down the rabbit hole with the Mad Hatter and March Hare and believe that somehow contrary to basic mathematical laws like one plus one equals two the economy can be improved by taking money from one person and giving it to another or by dropping it from a helicopter. Given their drunken social state, it makes perfect sense to them.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]We live in a society where one’s celebrity equates to ability; where a pretty face, gender or ethnic background means more than character, integrity, ability and courage; where a political man, morally, professionally and personally disgraced, can lecture at Harvard’s school of ethics and a political woman known for lying during campaign trips and elsewhere can be appointed to one of our countries highest posts: secretary of state.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]A society in which a man wins an international peace award, not for his peace efforts, but rather for a PowerPoint presentation about a theoretical and controversial environmental condition or by a man who, not only didn’t exhibit any of the required characteristics of the award, but in fact exhibited exactly the opposite by sending American men and women into war zones to do his dirty work. It will be a glorious day when “leaders” have to fight their own battles. I wonder how quick they would be to go to war then.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]We live in a society of political figures who are so insecure with who they are that they use fake Las Vegas–type names in an attempt to seem more potent than they really are. Names like: John McCain the maverick, Ted Kennedy the Lion, Sarah Palin the rogue. The rogue? Can anyone think of a word that describes Palin any less? Well considering the “rogue” quit her elected position in order to promote her own celebrity I’d like to describe her with the word quitter. Now that’s a woman we want leading a nation; a woman who exhibits such loyalty and perseverance. What’s going to happen if she breaks a nail as president? Will she invade Thailand? Of course like everyone who is stoned, some might get emotional about my description of the Alaskan mutant, but that’s to be expected from those whose mental state is altered.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]We have people around the world including our biggest financier, China laughing at our government’s highest officials when they try to sell them the same bull**** the inebriated Americans buy and yet the drugged continue to believe.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Our leadership doesn’t even try to hide their [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wmc60JmaLbE"]contempt for the rule of law[/ame] anymore because they know that a mentally impaired electorate won’t complain just as long as they keep bringing the high.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Every election cycle it’s the same people on the dance card and nobody says anything. They admittedly vote for the “lesser of two evils” every four years and yet they continue to vote for the “lesser of two evils” without it ever hitting them upside the head that the lesser of two evils is still an evil. Being in their euphoric state of social silliness, how could they ever notice?[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]So this is the society in which we sober folks live and we must continually keep an eye on the addicts, who are in fact the majority, in order to make sure they don’t affect us to the detriment of our lives. We must constantly try to convince them to seek help; to enroll in rehab because the problem starts with them. Delusion is real and the truth will set them free. It’s scary to know the truth because one can never go back to the ignorant bliss from which one came. Let’s hope the truth does it before depression, hyperinflation and bread lines or worse do it.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]November 14, 2009[/FONT]​

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I agree with a lot of this article, but what is the solution? It's ever so simple to point out the flaws, but not quite so easy to suggest solutions.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I agree with a lot of this article, but what is the solution? It's ever so simple to point out the flaws, but not quite so easy to suggest solutions.

No, it's not easy to suggest solutions. Especially when doing so labels you a traitor or domestic terrorist. I've heard MANY good solutions, but everyone's always like, No, that won't work.

I think too many people are too lazy and chicken :poop: to try anything else in fear of losing their nice cooshy lifestyles of having things handed to them.

:dunno:

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    Cutting the government waaaaaaaaaaaay back would be a good start. Letting people suffer the consequences of their stupidity would straighten them up fast.

I also wouldn't mind a competency test before you are allowed to vote.

Indecision

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    We need two things to happen to straighten this country out. 1, people need to take responsibilites for their actions. 2, we need a strong enough, non-radical, third party candidate to keep either of the big parties from getting enough electoral votes to win.

I'm not naive enough to think we could have a 3rd party winner anytime in the near future. But if we had a strong enough 3rd party that just kept the Democrats and Republicans from winning. It would show that 2 options are not enough and they both fail miserably.

lumpy39us

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    The funny thing really is the real problem is kinda right there in our faces. When some one gets into gov, they leave rich!
    Gov should not be a device or a path to riches!
    Complete disclosure of gov officials assets and finances should be demanded.
    If ya go in broke and come out rich, uhh, I might be prone to believe I was not represented with We The People as a fundamental concept of gov process. Big business, and greed has polluted our gov.

Uralguy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    Kokomo
    Lumpy39us has hit the nail on the head. Money is the problem. They leave rich and without a soul. Honor is a foreign concept.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    The real problem is that most of our little group here are considered whack jobs by way too many Americans. Between those that want and expect the country to take care of them and those that feel it is government's role to enforce charity in our society, I am afraid they are close to a majority. These people think the government needs to provide housing to those that can not afford it, to provide food, provide medical care. And if you are against it, you are a selfish b@st@rd that doesn't care about the less fortunate. We have allowed these people to take over the public schools and universities in the country. So now our children have been taught that mandatory voluntary community service isn't an oxymoron, it is just the right thing. They have been taught that America was developed by slave owners and therefore is not only NOT exceptional but evil to the core. They are taught that this country was the source of most evil that has occurred in history for the last 200 years not the solution. I really think we quietly reached a tipping point and we did not notice it. When BHO got elected we turned our country over to these people that stand against everything that made this country great. I am afraid our country will never be able to recover.

Indecision

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    The real problem is that most of our little group here are considered whack jobs by way too many Americans. Between those that want and expect the country to take care of them and those that feel it is government's role to enforce charity in our society, I am afraid they are close to a majority. These people think the government needs to provide housing to those that can not afford it, to provide food, provide medical care. And if you are against it, you are a selfish b@st@rd that doesn't care about the people too lazy go out and earn anything on their own. We have allowed these people to take over the public schools and universities in the country. So now our children have been taught that mandatory voluntary community service isn't an oxymoron, it is just the right thing. They have been taught that America was developed by slave owners and therefore is not only NOT exceptional but evil to the core. They are taught that this country was the source of most evil that has occurred in history for the last 200 years not the solution. I really think we quietly reached a tipping point and we did not notice it. When BHO got elected we turned our country over to these people that stand against everything that made this country great. I am afraid our country will never be able to recover.

I almost agreed with you 100%, but there is nothing less fortunate about them.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Actually, our country recovered from one of the worst things a country can go through, a great civil war. Our country recovered from the "great" depression, 2 world wars, and a whole lot more. This one will be a bear, but the country will survive. I just pray it will be peaceful and we will live to see it.

Cat-Herder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2009
    Fortville
    We're not likely to get back our freedoms by politely asking Congress to return them. And we're not likely to get the bankers off our money by politely asking them to pick someone else's pockets.
    There's only one way out of this mess, and it isn't the easy way.

I just hope our current generation of armed service members paid attention to their Oath and don't become the force of oppression here in the states.

Glocker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    The country is run by the most financially wealthy 1%. Until we can find a solution to that problem the country will always be miserable for the rest of us...the other 99%. Its no suprise that they also fund the puppets for presidency with donations, "I scratch your back now and you scratch mine later when your the president".

lumpy39us

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    interesting definition;
    Main Entry: gov·ern
    Pronunciation: \ˈgə-vərn\
    Function: verb
    Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French governer, from Latin gubernare to steer, govern, from Greek kybernan
    Date: 14th century

transitive verb
    1 a : to exercise continuous sovereign authority over; especially : to control and direct the making and administration of policy in b : to rule without sovereign power and usually without having the authority to determine basic policy
    2 a archaic : manipulate b : to control the speed of (as a machine) especially by automatic means
    3 a : to control, direct, or strongly influence the actions and conduct of b : to exert a determining or guiding influence in or over <income must govern expenditure> c : to hold in check : restrain
    4 : to require (a word) to be in a certain case
    5 : to serve as a precedent or deciding principle for <customs that govern human decisions>
    intransitive verb
    1 : to prevail or have decisive influence : control
    2 : to exercise authority
    So you can see how this might be confused based on the interpretation. But bottom line it is to act or govern within certain constraints. What are the constraints? What is the rule of law governing those that govern? Let me think...
    Oh yeah, The Constitution!
    Ya ever wonder why they continue to blast its an outdated document! There has been a recent push to update the Constitution, to modernize it.

Top Bottom