• ...and so much more!
  • CSORuger

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Brownsburg Indiana
    They are still conserns that people will go POSTAL! :n00b:

I carried my small dog into the post office in Brownsburg, and was rudely told to take that dog out of here! :tantrum: There was no posted sign. What if I need the dog for seeing? I also walk with a cane.
    When I ask the clerk why there was no sign, he rudley said it the law! And you should know it! :drill:

He was about to go Postal on me :ar15: over a small dog! :chillpill:

Union Goverment Workers :xmad:

revolvers&w

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Albany
    I have been disarming in the p.lot for years, even though there is no sign on ANY door at the New Albany P.O.
    Only after passing through three sets of doors and looking over your right shoulder above a trash can and a desk do you see the notice.
    :dunno:

I don't want to be a test case but this would be the place.

easy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    SEOK
    PO rules say even in the parking lot is verboten. " Post Office property".

Be advised.

Effingham

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Franklin
    The parking lot is really the problem. For me, the alternate parking option is across the street in the grocery store lot. Seriously, I don't mind disarming in the PO lot if they don't want carry in the building, but having to disarm and lock up ELSEWHERE is really annoying. There's also the thing that I don't want to stand there and maybe be seen taking off a gun and stashing it in the car -- it just advertises to anyone who sees this that there is now going to be an available (and probably loaded) gun in an unwatched car for God-knows-how-long (postal wait times can be lengthy).

That regulation needs to go away.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Seems to me the Post Office doesn't have the authority to ban firearms in its customer parking lot because it's not a federal agency. Even airports, which are federally controlled, don't prohibit weapons from their parking lots. I don't know what Colorado state laws say, but here in Indiana, I'd think we were safe as long as we didn't bring a firearm inside the building.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Seems to me the Post Office doesn't have the authority to ban firearms in its customer parking lot because it's not a federal agency. Even airports, which are federally controlled, don't prohibit weapons from their parking lots. I don't know what Colorado state laws say, but here in Indiana, I'd think we were safe as long as we didn't bring a firearm inside the building.
    According to state statute, you're "safe" as long as you don't try to enter the TSA-controlled areas armed.

Of course, according to me, you're safer if you never disarm, but unfortunately, that won't keep you from being prosecuted.

State law only forbids guns in the sterile area of the airport or actually on the plane. (IC 35-47-6) It seems that this also prohibits a pilot who owns his own plane from doing so, which is rather odd, IMHO.

Well, it is the government. It would be silly to expect it to make sense.

Blessings,
    Bill

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I have been disarming in the p.lot for years, even though there is no sign on ANY door at the New Albany P.O.
    Only after passing through three sets of doors and looking over your right shoulder above a trash can and a desk do you see the notice.
    :dunno:

I don't want to be a test case but this would be the place.

I don't even think my local post office has the notice. I've looked.

longbarrel

Expert
    Rating - 91.7%
    22   2   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana
    They are still conserns that people will go POSTAL! :n00b:

I carried my small dog into the post office in Brownsburg, and was rudely told to take that dog out of here! :tantrum: There was no posted sign. What if I need the dog for seeing? I also walk with a cane.
    When I ask the clerk why there was no sign, he rudley said it the law! And you should know it! :drill:

He was about to go Postal on me :ar15: over a small dog! :chillpill:

Union Goverment Workers :xmad:

yeah, damn the firefighters and the teachers... What can they do to help??

Top Bottom