Solicitation of Donations for Not-for-Profit Org?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ayerskw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    Greenfield
    Hi Folks -

First thanks for developing the INGunOwners forum! It has been great and I have really enjoyed what time I have gotten to spend on the site so far...

I have a question and did not find anything regarding the matter readily doing an FAQ search...

Background: I am on the Board of Managers for the Flat Rock River YMCA Camp located St. Paul, IN (Just south of Shelbyville). Flat Rock is a not-for-profit residence camp for Children & Families that I have been involved with either as a camper, counselor, parent, and/or Board Member for more than 35 years. Among other activities, the Camp has a Rifle Range and they teach basic shooting skills. I am actively working on trying to make improvements to the shooting range, equipment, supplies and instruction program.

It dawned on me the other night after a Boaord Meeting what a great community network INGO is and that perhaps some of the site members might be interested in potentially donating materials and/or money to the camp. Frankly, this would go along way in helping me help the camp in making improvements to the rifle range. And better enabling us to pass down the joy and responsibility of safe shooting to the next generation...

Questions:
    1. Is there an INGO policy regarding Solicitation of Donations for worth while Not-for-profit organizations?
    2. If so, what are the parameters?
    3. Is it permissable to post a "Donation Wish List" on the site?
    4. And, if so where?
    Note: If it is okay to post a wish list I certainly will take positive steps to be a good steward. I will update information perodically, provide feedback on progress made at the range, provide 501(c)3 forms as appropriate, etc.

Sundry Information of Potential Interest:
    • You can learn more about Flat Rock River Camp Here: Flat Rock River YMCA Camp: Welcome
    • Last Year Flat Rock partnered with the Military and hosted a special camp retreat for a large group of Children of Active Duty Soldiers that were deployed overseas and serving our country. [I think the kid count was ~300(?) - but I need to verify this data]
    I would be happy to answer any questions and provide additional information.

Thanks inadvance for your time and consideration.

Best Regards,
    Kevin Ayers

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Is there an INGO policy regarding Solicitation of Donations for worth while Not-for-profit organizations?

NFPs are free to solicit donations from other members as long as its done with the understanding that INGO LLC cannot be held liable for donations given or received.

Is it permissable to post a "Donation Wish List" on the site?

Yes.

And, if so where?

In your case specifically, your announcement and "Wish List" would best be placed in the "General Firearms Discussion" section, as it deals with firearms and range maintenance and programs.

If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to PM me.

Good luck!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom