• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hcsdstan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2012
    Kirk is correct. They have their own armed investigators. Presumably retired officers looking to supplement their retirement incomes while bringing years of investigative experience to the table. Most agencys require at a minimum four annual firearms quals. Thus, the ammo being bought. Seems reasonable to me....just sayin....

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    If you are frightened by retired cops who now work for some federal LE agency, go down to the Lafayette federal courthouse and take a gander at the blue jacketed marshals, all ex-coppers of one hue or another, and see if they scream "storm trooper" or "grandfather".:laugh:

The guys working fraud cases for SSA have the gig to double dip. They served a hitch in the Service and then came back home to serve as city or county cops. They made detective or maybe even Captain of Detectives and retired after 25+ years.

They now are gumshoes and chair polishers, filling out forms, rummaging through the clerk's office for an old file and carrying water for a upstart AUSA who has them looking for a witness on the weekend. They have a decent 8 to 5 gigs and they meet with the other retired cop friends on Saturdays for the heart healthy omelet and to talk about grandkids.

They are not young lions wanting to shoot everyone and push them into ditches with bulldozers or whatever Alex Jones is saying.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I still think these bureaucrats should buy their own guns, ammo, and training. Like any other professional with a career. You need tools, certification, etc. Not my job to keep the tax collectors ready for combat.

dlbrown75

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 90.9%
    9   1   1
    May 2, 2011
    Newcastle, IN
    We've been over this time and time again. It's for the Office of Inspector General (the retired cops that go to work for the feds).

Meet the Senior Staff of the Office of the Inspector General | Office of the Inspector General, SSA

We have forum members that are private contractors that train feds. Ask them. It is not a large quantity.
    This is the most ridiculous explanation I have heard. 1.4 billion rounds over the past year for training? That laughable. Hollow points. I train the feds and we shoot 1 million rounds a day, just ask me. HA

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I figured it was for the SSA employees to defend themselves when millions of seniors show up looking for blood when their checks stop coming in.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    If you are frightened by retired cops who now work for some federal LE agency, go down to the Lafayette federal courthouse and take a gander at the blue jacketed marshals, all ex-coppers of one hue or another, and see if they scream "storm trooper" or "grandfather".:laugh:

The guys working fraud cases for SSA have the gig to double dip. They served a hitch in the Service and then came back home to serve as city or county cops. They made detective or maybe even Captain of Detectives and retired after 25+ years.

They now are gumshoes and chair polishers, filling out forms, rummaging through the clerk's office for an old file and carrying water for a upstart AUSA who has them looking for a witness on the weekend. They have a decent 8 to 5 gigs and they meet with the other retired cop friends on Saturdays for the heart healthy omelet and to talk about grandkids.

They are not young lions wanting to shoot everyone and push them into ditches with bulldozers or whatever Alex Jones is saying.

Recently saw a couple of OIG guys speak...I found it humorous that the number cruncher had to keep inserting that the other guy had the gun.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    This is the most ridiculous explanation I have heard. 1.4 billion rounds over the past year for training? That laughable. Hollow points. I train the feds and we shoot 1 million rounds a day, just ask me. HA

Good grief. Mother of Pearl, how many more times do I have to say this?

It's not 1.4 billion rounds. It's 174K for training for SSA.

The 450K of pistol ammo and 750K of carbine, rifle and shotgun is for all the various LE agences in DHS and the USCG.

caverjamie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Dubois Co.

The 450K of pistol ammo and 750K of carbine, rifle and shotgun is for all the various LE agences in DHS and the USCG.

Okay, I accept that lots of agencies are receiving this ammo, and they need to train. I am still curious how many employees are practicing, and how many rounds they are expending. How much is 1+ billion rounds of ammunition costing us? Aren't we past broke?

That last article also said they are classifying some of the information about how many rounds are being ordered. Why the secrets? Don't say because we all get worked up about it... That's hardly a good enough reason to keep it secret from everyone paying for it.

bullet293

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    OMOKOK
    nothing to worry about

:patriot::patriot::patriot:don't worry your govt will never do you wrong because i know!!!!! i shouldent tell you but since were all friends here im really a govt plant working for the southern property law center to keep you minions from stressing out over things like this. you folks need to keep blaming the other party and not worry about the big boy issues of the new world order. we love you!!!!:patriot::patriot::patriot:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    You people should all be grateful for the peace of mind that they are willing to spare no expense to put some of us out of our misery with something as functional (yet beautiful) as bonded HP copper....
    My luck, by the time they get to me decent HP will be too expensive... I'll end up taking some jacketed RN Fiocchi or PMC crap, and just lay there hollering for gauze and duct tape...and maybe a Snickers with a Mt.Dew chaser.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    You people should all be grateful for the peace of mind that they are willing to spare no expense to put some of us out of our misery with something as functional (yet beautiful) as bonded HP copper....
    My luck, by the time they get to me decent HP will be too expensive... I'll end up taking some jacketed RN Fiocchi or PMC crap, and just lay there hollering for gauze and duct tape...and maybe a Snickers with a Mt.Dew chaser.
    New Friday thread idea? When the JBT shoot you and your laying there bleeding to death what will be your last request?

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    If it is summer time, then it would have to be a Snickers ice cream bar :drool: :rockwoot:

This right here, folks ^... THIS is SHTF ally material right there. Someone who knows the IMPORTANCE of priorities and the right tool for the job. Someone who can look you in your dying eye while your skin is searing to the black asphalt you're laying there sizzling on ...in blistering Indiana freak heat...and hand you your Snicker ice cream bar!

Bravo Zulu wtfd661. Bravo Zulu.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I don't want the federal government to have police or armed agents, except perhaps Customs and Marshals, or any need for such. If money wasn't handed out to every Tom, Dick, and Harry we wouldn't need federal agencies or their armies to police it.

Wish in one hand . . .

You know (in theory) how to resolve this situation.

Top Bottom