• ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    nfaday2013_announce_zpsb4714241.png

Well here we are about to kick off yet another summer. And you know what that means-- NFA Day is coming!

The NFA Day Planning Committee just held is first meeting of the year and we're looking forward to once again providing an educational and safe look into the world of NFA firearms.

Now INGO has grown quite a bit since NFA Day 2012, so I want to make sure all the new members know about it and what it takes to attend.

At its base, NFA Day (now it's actually 2 separate days) is an educational event wherein those who are new to NFA firearms (machine guns, suppressors, short-barreled rifles,etc) get a chance to shoot them first without having to outlay the several thousand dollars it can take to own them--- just bring your own ammo!

DSCN9418.jpg

The first day, NFA Noob Day, is for those folks who have never owned any NFA items or do not currently have one in process. The second day, NFA Veterans Day, is reserved for those folks who have prior NFA experience, or have attended a previous NFA Day.

To get a better idea of the event, check out last year's AAR thread: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...y_a_a_r_s_after_action_reports_post_here.html

Or check out Military Arms Channel's coverage from NFA Day 2011:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW4y9JyY1FU

Be looking in the next couple weeks for the official signup to begin. The signups should be open for at least 2 weeks. Attendees will be chosen lottery style with alternates. As in years past, each day is capped at 25 attendees.

Full details will be coming soon with the signups.

I look forward to :ar15: with you this year at NFA Day 2013!!

NFASaturday-207.jpg

Last edited:

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    If any of you noobs are on the fence... Get off the dang fence! This was simply one of the best days of my life, DO NOT miss this opportunity. I only regret I'm no longer a noob and I have nothing to bring to vet day. Take pen and paper if you get into noob day, there's lots of good info available.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I had an awesome time last year...I have no military experience, so this was my first chance to fire a full-auto firearm.

I can't stop grinning just thinking about it!

(Oh...and the food!!!)

-Paul

TheUziButton

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    I highly recommend NFA day for those who have not yet attended. I was able to go last year and it was the best shoot I had attended in 2012 and I had been to LOTS of shoots in various locations in the Midwest that year. Here are some pictures…
    INGONFA_Range_01.jpg

INGONFA_AC556_01.jpg

INGONFA_MP5K_02.jpg

INGONFA_AKNor_01.jpg

INGONFA_AKYugoSBR_01.jpg

INGONFA_Saiga12_02.jpg

INGONFA_AR300_02.jpg

INGONFA_AR545_01.jpg

INGONFA_AR762_02.jpg

INGONFA_ARSBR_01.jpg

INGONFA_DracoSBR_01.jpg

INGONFA_M4_01.jpg

INGONFA_Max11_01.jpg

INGONFA_MP5K_01.jpg

INGONFA_MP9Sup_01.jpg

INGONFA_Saiga12_01.jpg

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    Maybe I missed it, but where's the location? Definitely interested. I just sent in my Form 4 for a suppressor this week and would love to get to see and handle other NFA stuff in the mean time. Count me in.

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    Maybe I missed it, but where's the location? Definitely interested. I just sent in my Form 4 for a suppressor this week and would love to get to see and handle other NFA stuff in the mean time. Count me in.

It will be at a private range in northern Brown county. Since you have already done a form 4, you will only be eligible for the Veterans Day on the Sunday they schedule.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Well I missed this last year but with any luck I will be one of the chosen ones this year (fingers crossed). I currently am waiting on my first stamp for a SBR and getting ready to submit another one. With any luck I will have my first stamp back before the summer is over.

BrinNutz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 26, 2012
    SBN
    Don't have any NFA stuff myself, so firsthand experience and learning will be great, so depending on the date and my availability with work and drill schedule...I'm in if I'm "chosen."

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Don't have any NFA stuff myself, so firsthand experience and learning will be great, so depending on the date and my availability with work and drill schedule...I'm in if I'm "chosen."

This will be our 6th year so I apologize to the new folks if I gloss over important details. While most of the specific details will come in the next couple weeks, here are some more basics:

The event is hosted at the private property and range of INGO Moderator lovemywoods. It is located near Morgantown, IN.

Coordinators for the event are lovemywoods, shooter521, VUPDblue, bigcraig, and myself.

We started this back in 2008 because we wanted to "indoctrinate" gun owners into the awesome world of NFA firearms.

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    Fingers crossed it happens for me this year!!

Question: would I be NFA day veteran day because I have my first Suppressor pending right now? I expect it to be approved in September, but I have ZERO experience with NFA. I have never heard a suppressor in person, let alone handled a FA weapon....

Last edited:
    Top Bottom