• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    I know it had to be an INGO'er. It was a older style jeep with a machine gun mounted on top. It had an orange emergency light on top as well. I saw it in Floyd Knobs around 10am.

:ar15::ar15:

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I know it had to be an INGO'er. It was a older style jeep with a machine gun mounted on top. It had an orange emergency light on top as well. I saw it in Floyd Knobs around 10am.

Are you sure it wasn't a military (i.e., Army National Guard or USAR) HMMV with a CVKI light on it (for MILES training)? I don't know how you would go about mounting a MaDeuce or an M60 "on top" of a 1/4 ton.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Are you sure it wasn't a military (i.e., Army National Guard or USAR) HMMV with a CVKI light on it (for MILES training)? I don't know how you would go about mounting a MaDeuce or an M60 "on top" of a 1/4 ton.

Haven't you ever watched "Rat Patrol"? :):

The old M151s, A1s and even the Willy's versions had tripods that could be mounted between and slightly to the rear of the front seats. They accepted drop in pintles for many different MG's.

The M2 could literally flip a jeep if it was fired broadside while the vehicle was turning. I've seen it happen. (yeah, I'm gettin' old)

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Haven't you ever watched "Rat Patrol"? :):

The old M151s, A1s and even the Willy's versions had tripods that could be mounted between and slightly to the rear of the front seats. They accepted drop in pintles for many different MG's.

The M2 could literally flip a jeep if it was fired broadside while the vehicle was turning. I've seen it happen. (yeah, I'm gettin' old)

Gee. Thanks for telling me all about that. I always appreciate people explaining things about the military to me.

Yes, I am quite aware of that. (And my knowledge did not stem from watching "Rat Patrol".) My point was that the OP mentioned a machine gun being mounted "on top" of some sort of 1/4 ton. Hard to mount a machine gun on a canvas top.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Gee. Thanks for telling me all about that. I always appreciate people explaining things about the military to me.

Yes, I am quite aware of that. (And my knowledge did not stem from watching "Rat Patrol".) My point was that the OP mentioned a machine gun being mounted "on top" of some sort of 1/4 ton. Hard to mount a machine gun on a canvas top.

No-Asshattery-Motivational-Poster-e1312814025345-150x150.jpg

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    "on top" semantics?..................... who cares, it's a cool story and even neater sight!! OP good for you and great for the guy with the MG AND Jeep!

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit

Wasn't trying to be a douche. Sorry if you took it that way.

Oh and my experience doesn't come from watching Rat Patrol either, I was the M2 gunner that got launched. Thankfully no one was hurt and we all went to greater acts of stupidity later in our military careers. :)

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Wasn't trying to be a douche. Sorry if you took it that way.

Oh and my experience doesn't come from watching Rat Patrol either, I was the M2 gunner that got launched. Thankfully no one was hurt and we all went to greater acts of stupidity later in our military careers. :)

No problem. ;)

What I always thought was fun were the 1/4 tons with 106 recoiless rifles!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    My neighbor drives an old willys jeep with a .30 browning mounted in the back. When the canvass cover is on it you can bet it's the wood mock-up but when tooling around the neighborhood it is a real life .30 cal machine gun. real cool! the women around here wring their hands and cry..... That's pretty cool too!

Top Bottom