So.. what are you reloading at the moment??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • binkerton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Ran some 9mm on the press last night. Using Berry's 115gr FMJ and 4.0gr of Titegroup. Tested some of these out last week in an M&P 9c and they ran great and had good grouping at 7 yds. No idea what velocity, still don't have a chrono.

Update: Gonna have to bump that powder up a notch. Wife didn't like the empties falling on her arms and shirt. :): Guess we'll go up to 4.2 and see how those work.

Last edited:

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    9mm for me. I got my Form 1 suppressor paperwork back in late February or early March, cannot remember now... but built one for my 9mm AR pistol and it is hearing safe with plain old 147 grain hardball rounds. Decided to cast up some 155 grain flat nose .359 projectiles and size them down to .356 and powder coat them. Years ago I got beautiful Mihec brass mold (https://www.mp-molds.com/product/360-640-hollow-point-4-cavity-plain-base-mold) that makes some awesome hollowpoints. The hollowpoint cavity is worth 10 grains of lead, it's a pretty good sized one.

Anyway, I put the flat plug in three and left the big point in for one so I made three 155 grain solids and one 145 grain hollowpoint every cast and looked up some old load data from one of my 1960's Lyman book that shows 3 grains Bullseye for a 158 grain lead round nose as an accuracy load, so I am going to try some at 2.7, 2.8 and 3.0 grains to see what shoots the softest, quietest and most accurate. Then cast up a few thousand and fill all my empty 9mm cases for some suppressed binary trigger fun later this summer.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Finishing up 1000 9mm, couple hundred left to do.
    On a side note, my brother picked up a used Dillon 1050 today set up for 38's. Came with a case feeder, when his stimulus check shows up he's going to get a Mr. Bullet feeder for it

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Loaded up some what I like to call 223Hornets. I start with a 223 Case around 12Gr2400 over a Remington Primer and under a Hornady 40GrVMax bullet. THIS LOAD IS ONLY FOR MY CONTENDER 223 Barrel. It is pure sweetness and does a nice job on vermin.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Been wanting to try one of the electronic powder measure but just couldn't justify the cost of $200-300 for one. Well I scored big on Friday. Friend of mine had a new in box Hornady Auto Charge and I got it for $40 :rockwoot: Haven't used it yet but for $40 I wasn't passing it up

cmann250

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 2, 2018
    Land of 300bu corn
    Nice score! I’m envious.

I just bought some forbidden fruit, non-Dillon accessories for my Dillon press. I’m going to try a Swage-it and a sealed spent primer upgrade.

I ran out of stuff to load, so I guess it’s brass prep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    186   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    Nice score! I’m envious.

I just bought some forbidden fruit, non-Dillon accessories for my Dillon press. I’m going to try a Swage-it

I have used one of these in the past with good results, Dillon won't warranty the press with the use of the swage-it.

The mounting screws would have a tendancy to work themselves out after a couple hundred rounds, I checked & tightened frequently. A little locktite may be a good option if you have quite a bit to do. I also would put a dab of grease on the top of the swager every 50-100 rounds or so if memory serves me correctly, it helped with requiring less pressure to perform the swage. I didn't worry about the oil residue as I wet tumbled them with pins when I was finished.

cmann250

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 2, 2018
    Land of 300bu corn
    I have used one of these in the past with good results, Dillon won't warranty the press with the use of the swage-it.

The mounting screws would have a tendancy to work themselves out after a couple hundred rounds, I checked & tightened frequently. A little locktite may be a good option if you have quite a bit to do. I also would put a dab of grease on the top of the swager every 50-100 rounds or so if memory serves me correctly, it helped with requiring less pressure to perform the swage. I didn't worry about the oil residue as I wet tumbled them with pins when I was finished.

Good to hear. I considered the warranty, but I’ve voided the warranty on far more expensive things than this. They did revise the screw design and placement which is supposed to help it stay tight.

Like anything else in progressive reloading, if it doesn’t feel right, more force is NOT the answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Portage
    I just set up my second press for 9mm. I ran off 12 rounds and the press worked good. I need to get some bullets so i can get going. I have 2000 to do.

Top Bottom