So, this is why I wish I could carry at work.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ElsiePeaRN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Eastern Indiana
    I didn't see anything in the bill that limited the right (such as notifying security), but I'm not sure if that's within their rights or not. Does anyone know?

SInce the language of the new law prohibits employers from requiring an applicant or employee to disclose info about whether they own, possesses, uses, or transports a firearm, I would say that requiring you to notify security is prohibited by law.

A public or private employer doing business in Indiana may not:
    (1) require an applicant for employment or an employee to disclose information about whether the applicant or employee owns, possesses, uses, or transports a firearm or ammunition, unless the disclosure concerns the possession, use, or transportation of a firearm or ammunition that is used in fulfilling the duties of the employment of the individual; or
    (2) condition employment, or any rights, benefits, privileges, or opportunities offered by the employment, upon an agreement that the applicant for employment or the employee forego the:
    (A) rights of the applicant or employee under this chapter; or
    (B) otherwise lawful:
    (i) ownership;
    (ii) possession;
    (iii) storage;
    (iv) transportation; or
    (v) use;
    of a firearm or ammunition.

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    SInce the language of the new law prohibits employers from requiring an applicant or employee to disclose info about whether they own, possesses, uses, or transports a firearm, I would say that requiring you to notify security is prohibited by law.

Geat point, Elsie. I was just going back to look at the new Ind. Code 34-28-8-4, but you beat me to it.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    im very lucky where I work (a small sign/printing shop) i OC coming in and leaving the shop. I take it off while i'm working and put it in a cabinet in the room I work in since i'm the only one who works in there. But I have carried every day since the arby's right next to us was help up and gun point.
    Sucks you cant carry at work.

The Arby's on Keystone right down the street from the Fazoli's that got robbed a couple years ago at lunch time too?

Sentient building? Where the hell do you work? :D

I was going to say something but decided to let it slide....:D

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I'm not sure what being armed would have done in this situation, or any like it. If someone is mad at you over a traffic disagreement just keep driving. Why would you confront them, or get out of the vehicle and risk the confrontation?

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I remember a dash cam video from a cruiser chasing a very determined bad guy. Twice the cruiser stopped and traded shots with thebad guy when the bad guy stopped. The third time the bad guy stopped the officer simply accelerated into the side of the bad guys car and ended the fight.

Armed may be 9pm or .45 ACP.
    Armed also be a one ton battering ram with directional controls.

Simple enough. But do remember that bothare lethal force and you had better be right in application or your life ends as you know it.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    I rarely go out to lunch at work. Usually I have some tuna and chips with a powerade. Yesterday I had no lunch, and being hungry I went to Burger King. I was on my way back when I see this car pulling out from a side street and almost hit me. It was a T intersection where the cross traffic DOES NOT stop. Never has. So this b***h lays on the horn of her POS faded red hundai with no hubcaps and no muffler that was so loud that I cannot hear my radio over it. A few hundred feet down the street I can actually hear her YELLING at me over her muffler. I cannot tell what she said, but she was on the verge of some SERIOUS road rage, when I did nothing wrong. Now I am close to work and wondering if she will try to follow me into the parking lot. The surprise would be her trying to get past security. I slowed down and put on my turn signal almost inviting her to follow me, but she declined. The thing that bothers me is what if I was going to burger king instead of returning from it? Here I am with no weapon and outnumbered 2 to 1. I guess I just have to learn to curl up in the fetal position. :n00b:
    The best thinsg to do is just to call the police to see if they could witbess any of her activities. Number of activities being precise. There is a new law (two years old) "agressive driving" statute. If she committed any of three violations in their presence sho could have gone to jail. You stated the horn. Other violations (but not limited to) include speeding, improper lane change, following too close, just a few. Insurance looks at this violation as the same as speed contest, DUI and reckless driving. She would have taken a monetary hit.

Patternpimp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Columbus, IN
    Seems to me you had two fists, two feet and a couple knees and teeth if required to defend yourself.... Whats wrong with so good old fashioned fist to cuffs.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Wow 4 pages and no B.S. " I was driving im my red Hyundai and some guy pulled out of BK right in front of me" Story. +1 to everyone that hasn't posted some lame a55 "humorous" rebuttal.

Oh yeah, +1 Hoosierdood!

Top Bottom